JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Van strikes crowd outside mosque in London

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2458 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

All the anti Muslim vitriol and nationalistic fever... Yes, backlash and attacks on Muslims should be expected. 

Still sad and a disgusting waste of human life. Even if nobody was killed, these are horrible tragedies. 

Yes, it's sad whenever and wherever it happens. Muslims are, though misguided, people like you and me - no difference, with the same concerns and worries.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I'm glad to read everyone's comments on this... it seems every couple of hours another atrocity is happening. My (non witness) husband thinks I'm being overly sensitive normally, but even he notices how bad things are getting.. I am so hurt by all the death, all the sad things happening.. I know I should just expect it but I can't. I feel so overwhelmed by it ( like some of you mentioned). I cried last night after everyone went to sleep thinking about the future that awaits us. I already feel the great tribulation has started and I'm so far removed from the direct violence... I can't imagine what it's going to be like. I feel for the Muslim people who are trying to live their daily lives and are being persecuted. I know this persecution they are undergoing mirrors what will shortly take place with us. 

Need to bounce this off you all.

Had a conversation with Clay this morning, a fellow worker. His wife is one of those that treated the drunk driver (I understand his alcohol was  3x's the legal limit)  that killed the 26 year young woman last Saturday. (I'm still a bit saddened by seeing her purse on the trunk.) The wife also treated 3 surviving victims of the crash that killed a 15 year old girl 4 days before. He was saying how she'd come home and tell him about her experiences of the evening and how it affected her. He was so casual about it, like c'est la vie.  He then told me that he was just a few blocks away, but didn't hear, the plane crash into the Pentagon in 2001. Said he didn't know anything until he watched it on the news. Was so casual.

So I asked him about the acts in London/Paris, acts of merciless killing in recent months. He said it doesn't affect him. He joked how it's not likely that a member if ISIS is gonna come here and take him out. Well, ya. But to not care about what's happening all around us? The video with Br. Mallanfant is sounding out more and more true. 2 Cor. 3:4- blinded minds, and 2 Peter 3:3, 5A deliberately ignore.

IDK, maybe I was hoping to hear something different from him than I did. And no, I didn't try to talk much to him after that, I surprised myself by turning around and walking out.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I agree with you Cheryl....I have heard people say..."as long as it doesn't bother me, I don't pay attention to it all."

I totally find that type of an attitude as a sign of selfishness...and as Brother Malenfant said in his current video...."People are in denial."

Ps 10:4  "In his haughtiness, the wicked man makes no investigation;  All his thoughts are:

"There is no God."

Ps 12:8   "The wicked walk around unrestrained because the sons of men promote depravity."

Ps   92:7   "When the wicked sprout like weeds And all the wrongdoers flourish, It is that they

may be annihilated forever."

Edited by nanceebgd46

edit

Nancee, your words were kinda garbled but being someone who has a couple friends who are grammatically challenged  I've learned the fine art of reading-between-the-lines and understood just fine:lol:.

I must need to learn a lesson, Jehovah has been making me see and experience this sort of thing a lot lately. I like Ps 10:4, so appropriate.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

23 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Nancee, your words were kinda garbled but being someone who has a couple friends who are grammatically challenged  I've learned the fine art of reading-between-the-lines and understood just fine:lol:.

I must need to learn a lesson, Jehovah has been making me see and experience this sort of thing a lot lately. I like Ps 10:4, so appropriate.

Sorry Cheryl,

I entered the post, and for some reason, the system moved things around...huh?  Anyways, I fixed everything and put

it back together again.:D

Edited by nanceebgd46

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

IDK, maybe I was hoping to hear something different from him than I did. And no, I didn't try to talk much to him after that, I surprised myself by turning around and walking out.

Sometimes what else can you do?  Can't make them listen to the bleeding obvious?  The Bible readings in Jeremiah and Ezekiel show a similar attitude in their day, but Jehovah did act and destroyed Jerusalem despite their denials that it didn't affect them and would never happen.  Jehovah gives us a hardness, like a forehead of flint, to withstand their apathy and our helmet of the hope of salvation on our heads to keep believing despite their bad choices not to.  Can't throw pearls before swine, after all....

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 3:44 PM, hatcheckgirl said:

Sometimes what else can you do?  Can't make them listen to the bleeding obvious?  The Bible readings in Jeremiah and Ezekiel show a similar attitude in their day, but Jehovah did act and destroyed Jerusalem despite their denials that it didn't affect them and would never happen.  Jehovah gives us a hardness, like a forehead of flint, to withstand their apathy and our helmet of the hope of salvation on our heads to keep believing despite their bad choices not to.  Can't throw pearls before swine, after all....

What completely floors me (and I know it shouldn't) is that the blindness is just that 'so blind'.  My husband was speaking about N. Korea testing their ICBM (a missile that can make it inland and deliver and EMP to knock out all electricity)  he goes 'we're so not prepared for that' etc.  I told him, you don't want to hear what I have to say.

He goes 'oh all that religious stuff again'  I keep telling him, I keep warning him and it's like he's brain dead.  We were driving home after a pretty okay day together on Sunday and again we got into a heated discussion regarding Jehovah and faith.  At the very end, he apologized for getting me so riled up.  My response, actually I'm quite calm and I was.  One of us is right and the other is going to be dead.  Not my problem if you don't listen.  It's been 3 days and we're still a little 'raw'.  I didn't rip him apart, but I think I hit a nerve as he was particularly vicious with some of the words.

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

2 hours ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

What completely floors me (and I know it shouldn't) is that the blindness is just that 'so blind'.

There's no way a spiritual person and a fleshly person can understand each other. What is important for the one is completely irrelevant for the other, and vice versa. It's like we speak different languages. It happens even with some Christians we assume to be spiritual persons but who are not. You say you want to leave your well paid job and move where there is more need and they will look at you like you are a Martian.