JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The X-Factor (USA)

I really enjoyed The Voice with Blake Shelton, Cee lo Green, Christina Aguliar and someone else I can not recall. Where the contestants sing and the judges have their backs to them then they chime in when they decide if they want that constestant on their team or not. Very good show.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

What is this I hear about lip syncing on the show? How is that live talent?

http://fox4kc.com/2011/11/05/the-x-factor-lip-sync-gone-wrong-leroy-pulls-a-britney/

Haha! That is funny. I haven't watched the results yet on my DVR.

It was a group performance during the results show, so it doesn't matter much. But if they are letting that pass during performance night, I would be very upset.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my post did not display as I thought it would. I was replying to Bob's post.

"My favorites right now are Drew, Melanie Amaro, and Josh Krajcik."

Your favorites are exactly the same favorites my husband and I have picked is what I wrote.

Melanie has an amazing voice. Drew is completely different but I also like her style of music. Josh is quite talented but I doubt I would 'buy' his music. (And yes, Astro is talented too, but I'm also not 'into' rap music.)

Is Astro that little boy I saw when I accidently turned it on this week ?? he was down in the bottom two... Oh boy did I ever want to slap him :hammer:

After me, then you have a go at him.:bringiton:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

The boy has such an attitude and hes so full of himself. As much as I agree that he is talented, I dont mind seeing him in the bottom 2 again and i hope he goes this time around.

Same here. Astro has got to go, and then that attitude stunt was just plain awful.

However, I will say the song he did the following week was impressive to me. All those lyrics were original, and it seemed to me that he wrote the whole thing himself in under a week. That's very impressive.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

The British version has been so controversial this year. One contestant,tended to yell rather than sing (as Randy would say in the USA version - very pitchy, dog!) who was voted in each week, obviously by girls, was so proud of his female conquests he had some of them tattooed on his butt! He was never out of the newspapers for binge drinking and drug taking and was chucked off the show, eventually, but not until better singers than him were voted off.

Then there was the controversy over Kitty Brucknell who was already on the British cabaret circuit as female impersonator of the likes of Lady Gaga, etc and was invited onto the show by talent scouts - 2 years before appearing on the show, she was invited to our town with her act to play at our Civic Hall and apparently to turn on our town's Christmas lights.

An ex-Drag act got into the final 12, but he was found to have be en claiming a disability benefit for some time off the government saying he was unfit to work, yet had been seen by millions cavorting all over the stage!

Then, according to the media, there's been some spiteful verbal bullying among some contestants and rather nasty spats on screen about it among the judges, with one leaving and threatening not to come back, then returning.It might be mostly hype to get folk to watch, but it's not pleasant.

A well known retailer here hired the last 10 contestants to sing in their Xmas advert and have had to keep changing it as folk were chucked off, caused trouble, and/or replacement folk brought back. It's been chaotic - my husband watches this mess while I am on here,(keeping my sanity!) so its just in the background behind me.

It was "Michael Jackson" night last night. Drew and Melanie Amaro were fantastic. Josh was okay. I am currently watching the results show as I wind down from tonights meeting.

Katherine Jackson supposedly takes Michael's 3 children to congregation meetings. But his youngest, Blanket, still has the most ridiculously long hair. I figured it would have gotten the chop chop by now.

My favorites right now are Drew, Melanie Amaro, and Josh Krajcik.

I think Melanie Amaro has a BEAUTIFUL voice.. I like Drew but all of her stuff ends up sounding the same, and it's starting to get annoying, for both my husband and I. Josh Krajick continues to amaze me. I really like Rachel Crowe I think that girl can sing and she's soo full of spunk it's refreshing. Stacey Francis was one of my favorites but by the time she was let go I did feel it was time, I didn't really get into her last few performances.I also really like Marcus Canty, and Chris Renee, not sure I like the song choices for Chris as much as his original, but I really liked the one that he used for audition. Even though it's not really the Genre' of music that I like most either.

signature2.jpg

It was "Michael Jackson" night last night. Drew and Melanie Amaro were fantastic. Josh was okay. I am currently watching the results show as I wind down from tonights meeting.

Katherine Jackson supposedly takes Michael's 3 children to congregation meetings. But his youngest, Blanket, still has the most ridiculously long hair. I figured it would have gotten the chop chop by now.

I haven't seen the latest one I will have to find it online.. probably later though since as it stands I am on here instead of finishing a Chinese Relgion essay due in less than 6 hours..

signature2.jpg