JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

INITIAL REPORT | California Wildfires | JW.org

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2377 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

One of our forum members lost her home in the fire.:(

The local news reports that the fires have destroyed 5700 structures and 33 people are confirmed dead.

A brother with LDC told me today that he had heard that a brother went to a kingdom hall and spent the entire night keeping the area wet with a garden hose. The homes around the KH were damaged but the KH was not damaged. This is one of those stories that may be true but may never be officially confirmed, so take it as-is. 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

36 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

One of our forum members lost her home in the fire.:(

The local news reports that the fires have destroyed 5700 structures and 33 people are confirmed dead.

A brother with LDC told me today that he had heard that a brother went to a kingdom hall and spent the entire night keeping the area wet with a garden hose. The homes around the KH were damaged but the KH was not damaged. This is one of those stories that may be true but may never be officially confirmed, so take it as-is. 

I do know that one Kingdom Hall survived when all the houses around it were totally destroyed. A brother showed me the picture his daughter sent to him. I don't know about watering the area down to protect the Hall, but that is what his picture seemed to show.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

13 minutes ago, Old said:

I do know that one Kingdom Hall survived when all the houses around it were totally destroyed. A brother showed me the picture his daughter sent to him. I don't know about watering the area down to protect the Hall, but that is what his picture seemed to show.

Nice to know. I was told it was in Rohnert Park and the brother showed up in the morning covered in soot and smiling... 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 10/13/2017 at 9:06 PM, mserskine said:
Already posted in this forum

Yep. However, when I click the link... See attached... That's what I get so I just provided the link for those that get what I get. .

{ Attachment removed due to enormous size }

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Removed attachment

It seems like these fires always happen when there’s no rain in the forecast...

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.