JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sisters get together.

A  single sister is leaving and I have been invited to a sisters-only gathering. It will be basically appetizers/snacks. I wanted to make high heeled cupcakes, and told the sis 'covering' food. She informed me the flavor is chocolate and the colors are cranberry and yellow. I might change my mind b/c I have not made these before but wanted to try them for a Sisters only shindig. If you have made them. what holds the pieces together best? I don't want to make the icing glue with raw eggs. If you have made them, are those candy melts useful? I also was thinking of inviting the teenage girls from our local cong. but this may not be viable. It is very difficult to schedule with them, and it looks like this project may take more than one day and long waits.  Would love to hear from any who have tried this. I may change my food contribution.  

47 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

Pauline, I've read that candy melts work, so you'll have to experiment.  My, my, my these high-heeled cupcakes are pleasing to the eye but I think me and my hips will take a pass! :lol:

Actually, I was going to start with the stillettos, and make about a dozen pair with the heights (of the cupcakes and the heels) being gradually lowered each time and maybe finishing off with flats or flip flops.  Now, I am thinking of maybe apple shaped cupcakes  b/c it seems easier to make one food-colored frosting with red and maybe brown to get the cranberry shade. Might try the cup cake shoes with the teenagers as an experiment, in itself.   Or I can make a bunch of pull-apart cupcakes with a single layer of frosting and a girly theme. 

1 hour ago, pnutts said:

My wife was invited to a sisters ( Hen :deadhorse: ) party for Nov 18th. :exclamation:

Is she planning on bringing something? Looking for ideas, here.

It looks like all you need, besides the cooled cupcakes, is some lady fingers and/or graham crackers for the soles and some "stick cookies" and/or pretzels for the heels.

There are several youtube videos demonstrating how to assemble them.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

6 hours ago, kejedo said:

A  single sister is leaving and I have been invited to a sisters-only gathering. It will be basically appetizers/snacks. I wanted to make high heeled cupcakes, and told the sis 'covering' food. She informed me the flavor is chocolate and the colors are cranberry and yellow. I might change my mind b/c I have not made these before but wanted to try them for a Sisters only shindig. If you have made them. what holds the pieces together best? I don't want to make the icing glue with raw eggs. If you have made them, are those candy melts useful? I also was thinking of inviting the teenage girls from our local cong. but this may not be viable. It is very difficult to schedule with them, and it looks like this project may take more than one day and long waits.  Would love to hear from any who have tried this. I may change my food contribution.  

Boys only gatherings are waaaaaay simpler... we only have to choose the topping on the pizza LOL   :lol1:

But seriously .....have fun :)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)