JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Meteor Explodes over Finland

This was captured on an aurora webcam last night:

http://spaceweather.com/

ARCTIC METEOR TURNS NIGHT INTO DAY: On the evening of Nov. 16th, aurora tour guide Tony Bateman of northern Finland was indoors, warming up between auroras, when his surroundings began to vibrate. "There was a huge bang and the cottage shook violently," he reports. "At first I thought it was an earthquake. Or maybe a tree fell on the cottage roof! I walked outside and inspected the trees. Everything looked okay." A quick replay of his aurora webcam solved the mystery. "It was an incredible meteor," he says.   "It gave me goosebumps to see the night sky turn blue as the meteor exploded," he says. "Auroras and a fireball--what a night!"

This week Earth has been moving through a stream of debris from Comet Encke, source of the annual Taurid meteor shower. Taurids are rich in fireballs. However, the trajectory of this meteor suggests it was no Taurid. 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

6 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

However, the trajectory of this meteor suggests it was no Taurid. 

So spectacular, imagine seeing such celestial phenomena!  It's such an awe-inspiring thing, as opposed to the celestial phenomena mentioned at Matt 24:29, which will be very scary and ominous for those not seeking Jehovah.  

When I was a youngster, we had a meteor light up the sky almost that bright. You could hear it hissing ( outta my way ):nuke:

just over 20 years ago, I saw one out my bedroom window just before midnight. It was burning with various colors, metal burning.

Thought it was a plane on fire and called the police ( call was transferred to North Bay, ON ).

Next morning it was on the radio about it, so called the radio station. My voice went on the air. :phone:

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: