Story archives:

Pages 1-9

Pages 10-14

Pages 15-19

Pages 20-24

Pages 25-29

Page 30 below:

--Ice Hockey Invite--

Adam finally recovered fully in time for the Raiders ICE HOCKEY Tournament. He had won tickets to see them play live and thought he take Jane with him to see them play in Milwalkee but Rick thought that was a bad idea, after all Jane was his wife not Adam's. But Rick reread the text message and found that it actually said "Jan", not "Jane"; so he texted back "who is Jan?" While he was waiting for a reply Rick became anxious and worried about Adam wanting to take whoever this Jan was on a trip that would obviously be an overnight excursion to another State some 326 mi away.

It turned out that Jan was a long distant cousin. She had moved to Australia when she was 5 her family had been working undercover for Charlie's Angel's Parfum company. And she knew she had family in America and wanted to catch up. That's why the text message had him so confused, along with others who were getting confused, but he turned it down because he had the surgery and was not up to being in crowds so he gave the ticket and invitation to his old friend from Purgatory, CO, Jack and his son Johnny. In addition he helped them out with the airfare and room accommodations in Milwalkee, WI. Poor old Adam missed an awesome game at the Hockey tournament. Why even Macgyver was a guest coach.

Adam said "That is ok because I feel better today and I need to go in field service with the Memorial invitations" and then his friends realized Yes! he's had a concussion for the Memorial was a few weeks ago. So Adam laid down to get some more rest but the phone rang and he hit his head on the side drawer. His head was pounding as it was Trevor his next door neighbor who usually like to bother Adam early in the morning to do a handy job around the yard. As Trevor was nearly 70yrs and forgot what it might be like to sleep in when you been ill or recover from an Opp. Adam felt better that day, but jokingly thought to himself, "What cruel masters of fate have made me get injured these 3 times?" Rick & Jane come to check on Adam frequently and couldn't help but to find a bit of humor as they were reminded of the scripture in Ecclesiastes, "because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all."

--Goals--

Several months have now passed by, and a lot of things have changed; for example, at the recent assembly they were reminded about the new years resolution. That everybody agreed to at the conclusion of the District convention on how we need to keep our life simple, so they wrote up a set of goals each. Rick and Jane, both being pioneers and Rick serving as an elder, have put in their applications for the Bible School for Christian Couples so they may be given training and then assigned to where there is a need. Everyone was delighted for Rick and Jane's decision.

"But they were asigned to Vanuatu," said Adam of a couple he knew, but Rick replied, "Don't worry, you must be thinking of Gilead; for in this school, you are given an assignment in your home country usually and only after some time there are you given a new assignment; besides, we haven't gone yet, schooling takes 2 months and its anyone's guess where we could go." Adam showed his friends his list of goals, and they were surfing, bunji jumping, golfing, rockstar and yes increase more hours in the field? Rick and Jane lost it laughing histerically but were so happy to see at least he wanted to put in more hours, even though he already was a pioneer; so Rick asked him, "When do you want to go out, maybe I and Jane can support you?"

"How about now?" said Adam. "Are you ready to do some beach preaching and surfing preaching. I have some laminated brochures and tracts in the pocket of my wetty and as the guys waiting to take of I just go up give them one with my phone no. want to have a go?" "Oh, Adam you are so funny. Where are we going to find a beach and surfing in Hell, MI?" "Well have you ever seen endless summer the movie. Totally awesome. and as my thank you to you Rick and Jane for your kind support. I have left a will from my uncle Harry and would like to share some with you and take you out of this Hell, MI, hole? We could start at Maverick Point." In reply Rick says: "Thanks but Jane and I like it here in Hell, MI, as there is so much need here and the people are so wonderful and receptive to the the Good News."

--The School--

No matter how much they enjoyed being in their own personal Hell, the letter arrived in the mail the next day assigning them to an upcoming class of the Bible School for Christian Couples, and so they rejoiced, trusting that Jehovah would put them in a place where they could be in even happier and serve God more fully, sure as Hell (MI). They each secretly wondered: "Who wants to leave Hell (MI)?" That September they departed for the class, knowing that they would return, since graduates are usually assigned back to their home congregations for a time, like in the Bible School for Single Brothers.

Arriving at the Bible School for Christian Couples, Rick and Jane settled in for their first day of activities including classes and more classes. During some classes during the 2 months Jane would be going in service with the other sisters while the brothers stayed back to discuss confidential organization matters. And here is the test, will the confidential matters stay confidential or will Rick let it slip? No, Rick will not let anything slip because he is a trusted servant of Jehovah and there are many things sisters are not to know. Pressure mounts for Rick and Jane as they endeavor to keep up with the schedule of classes and the application of what they learn in the ministry.

They also make good friends with some of their fellow classmates, such as...

So they called for Bugs Bunny to just make sure, before they used some weed spray,,, Then Daffy turned up he said,,,,

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

So they called for Bugs Bunny to just make sure, before they used some weed spray,,, Then Daffy turned up he said,,,,

hey, brothers, you really don't need any weed spray, just ask for the help those sisters Foot in the Mouth, Maxy The Great and Payn in the Rear; they know all about everything and especially about gardening, so they will keep your garden in a proper order, just let them in your life garden."

And so they did....

...absolute rubbish...

Welcome to our little story Svetlana. We enjoy input from all.

just so. Sister Foot, Maxy and Payne all chipped in and had Rick and Jane's garden in tip top shape in nothing flat and made a little trail around the perimiter for Adam to run his dirt RC car, and last but not least, Bugs & Daffy went back to the TV set.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

they are 30yrs -80yrs you know what they say? Men never grow up and little boys and their. even when they are 30-80 years they still want toys. power drills. a shed to put all those toys.....

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

He had a kindle and a joke book to keep the afternoons fun for whenever he went on RVS. These days are for encouraging and a joyful times with our bro's and sis,

So he put his knowledge to good use. for there was not much competition around In MI Hell so he. Got a job like a second day job to support his ministry

doing part time Gardening all were please with his quality of work......