JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

The Dukes of September- Who's That Lady( Cover ,The  Isley Brothers)

It’s funny you posted this because I see the lead singer from Steely Dan was singing and I was planning on posting some of their stuff 🙂

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I personally am eclectic in my music styles, which at depends what mood I am into. But I lean into the blues, rock side of things, but at times, even just easy listening, big bands, swing also feature in my listening.

However, I found a clean podcast which is "A History of Rock Music in 500 songs". There is a webpage that has the transcript of the podcast, links to songs etc https://500songs.com/

It is not just a playlist of 500 songs, but the narrator puts together the story behind the scenes of the artist, songwriter, events, the producers and the music industry. As you listen to it, you find out some interesting things that you may have never thought about. He is doing 50 years of rock basically from the 50's to 2000, nearly a 100 songs per decade. He is only up to episode 148 at the time of this writing, but what things he brings up is very interesting indeed.

The pod caster is a musician himself, and thus he at times goes into explaining the music itself, styles, chords and progressions and the like.

It is on most podcast platforms

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-history-of-rock-music-in-500-songs/id1437402802

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly81MDBzb25ncy5jb20vZmVlZC9wb2RjYXN0

I really like to listen to different versions of a song by the same artist re-configuring their own work. Those artists who can re-imagine their own work I really appreciate. John Mayer is one artist I listen to a lot of the time. And as a musician, he has really grown in his talent over the years.

I was really chuffed when I heard John Mayer played several songs from another artist I listen to a lot in my youth - JJ Cale. After seeing a interview of Eric Clapton discussing the work he had done in a album as a tribute to JJ Cale, spoke very highly of John Mayer in that he only took him only an hour in one or two takes.

Here is the songs John Mayer covered JJ Cale songs

And also John Mayer with Leon Russell.

Hey, friends. I’ve neglected this topic lately but I plan to start posting songs regularly again. I also have to catch up on the music that’s been posted. 

Here’s one from Steely Dan:

Any major dude will tell you

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.