JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

On 3/27/2018 at 11:37 AM, Pjdriver said:

He said the d word twice. It’s not that strong/offensive of a word but please listen to or look up the lyrics before posting a song. We must be careful in this thread. Thanks for posting though :)

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Keep ya head up - Tupac Shakur. (In this song he said: “It’s funny when it rains and pours, they got money for wars but can’t feed the poor.” So true!) 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

22 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

He said the d word twice. It’s not that strong/offensive of a word but please listen to or look up the lyrics before posting a song. We must be careful in this thread. Thanks for posting though :)

Sorry about that I didn’t even listen to much of it. Just responding to the Hamilton question. I can only listen to rap for about 1 minute. Lol

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

22 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Glad we are not being heavy-handed here. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Let’s groove - Earth, Wind & Fire

Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind & Fire 

Stomp! - The Brothers Johnson 

Flashlight - Parliament 

On 1/31/2018 at 8:13 PM, Brother Jack said:

Same direction - Hoobastank 

Crawling in the dark - Hoobastank 

What happened to us? - Hoobastank  

Since today is the memorial of Christ’s death, I thought it would be appropriate to post Kingdom song 149 - grateful for the ransom. These are videos made by our brothers and sisters :)

Street spirit - Radiohead (fade out) 

Fake plastic trees - Radiohead 

Edited by Brother Jack

In this thread I have no choice but to post one of the most stereotypical British 80's pop anthems ever. I would not be a good ambassador if I did not. :lol:

Also however, I'll introduce one of my favorite music genres. It's not well spread in popular music outlets but I love the stuff. Electroswing. 

Edited by EccentricM

On 4/3/2018 at 7:36 PM, Brother Jack said:

A house is not a home - Luther Vandross 

I really like Luther Vandross. Have a couple cds

This reminded me of another version of this song...beautiful voice from a singer I had never heard of before named Rumer.

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Again your post of LV doing this song reminded me of another beautiful voice by a relatively unknown singer (at least to me). Love her voice. 

17 hours ago, EccentricM said:

In this thread I have no choice but to post one of the most stereotypical British 80's pop anthems ever. I would not be a good ambassador if I did not. :lol:

Also however, I'll introduce one of my favorite music genres. It's not well spread in popular music outlets but I love the stuff. Electroswing. 

Good songs. I’m familiar with the first song, but not the second. The second one was very different. The tune reminded me of an old song but can’t think of what it is called. Thanks for contributing to the thread :)

One of my favorites.

This one has a long intro but it’s essential to the mood. 

Put it on the big screen and turn it up. You’re going to want to dance.

8 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

One of my favorites.

This one has a long intro but it’s essential to the mood. 

Put it on the big screen and turn it up. You’re going to want to dance.

I’m a big fan of Sade. I posted some of her music in post #13

Nice song, but it sounds like a ripoff of a hit by Gladys Knight called:

“Neither one of us (wants to be the first to say good-bye”).

when I first heard the intro I thought it was a remake...but of course the title and lyrics are different. Listen to the intros in both songs.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Pjdriver

18 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

Nice song, but it sounds like a ripoff of a hit by Gladys Knight called:

“Neither one of us (wants to be the first to say good-bye”).

when I first heard the intro I thought it was a remake...but of course the title and lyrics are different. Listen to the intros in both songs.

:thumbsup:

Yes, it is a sample from Glady’s song. Songs are often sampled in R&B and hip hop. For example, the R&B song “my life” by Mary J blige is a sample of Roy Ares’ “everybody loves the sunshine” and the rap song “can’t touch this” is a sample of Rick James’ “super freak.” I like how songs are sampled in hip hop more. Some producers makes songs out of samples that I thought nobody ever would. It’s a way of making a good beat better :)

Edited by Brother Jack