JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Learning from Watching Videos

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2301 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I've been noticing that to really grasp as much information as is found packed into our rich new videos (especially the introduction to Bible books), it helps if I pause and resume the video often, whenever something hits me that I need to really think about in order to take in.

Well, one of the few youtube series I actually watch just featured this video about educational technology (highly recommend!)  and the first few minutes of it talk about how to best grasp information in video form (including changing the playback speed, which you can do if you download the intro videos from the website and use something like VLC to play them) as well as pausing, as I mentioned. Also, she mentions that when you pause, try to intuit what might come next; this is surprisingly similar to the suggestion in the Benefit book about surveying material before reading it, and actually asking yourself "what do I expect I will learn?"

At last I found where the Morning worship talks are.  These talks are of special interest because they are given by the absolut top brothers in Jehovah's organization. There are quite many talks by Governing Body members.  But also by the President of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania and other key brothers. 

Especially I liked today to listen to brother Alex Reinmueller speaking about How Can We Be Fair. (Acts 10:34)

Maybe it is difficult to find this section,  as it was for me. But here is how you do:

1.Find JW broadcasting

2.Find Video on demand,  click Browse Videos

3.Click Programs and Events

4.Here look for Morning Worship

Here you can find 92 short talks that are about 10 minute each. 

Something that interested me was also brother Splane's talk about how the Governing Body does when they make changes in explanations. 

The talk is titled: Decisions of “the Faithful and Discreet Slave” (Matt. 24:45)

5 hours ago, John said:

At last I found where the Morning worship talks are.  These talks are of special interest because they are given by the absolut top brothers in Jehovah's organization. There are quite many talks by Governing Body members.  But also by the President of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania and other key brothers. 

Especially I liked today to listen to brother Alex Reinmueller speaking about How Can We Be Fair. (Acts 10:34)

Maybe it is difficult to find this section,  as it was for me. But here is how you do:

1.Find JW broadcasting

Something that interested me was also brother Splane's talk about how the Governing Body does when they make changes in explanations. 

The talk is titled: Decisions of “the Faithful and Discreet Slave” (Matt. 24:45)

These are also available in the JW Library app.  They come up in the 'Whats new' section. :) 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

10 hours ago, John said:

1.Find JW broadcasting

I share your excitement on the bounty to be found!!.  Wanting not to miss any I figured I would work through the talks and keep track - so last week I put together a list of the talks and where they are available.  PDF attached - I printed it book form double sided and so it fit on one page and we have it tucked in with our large print Bible.  We have been using this list for our personal studies.  Perhaps you might find it handy.  This list is of talks in the order they are presented online.  I also did a sort by way of speaker and title. 

JW TALKS - online order.pdf

15 hours ago, NW2018 said:

last week I put together a list of the talks and where they are available

hey good job!  there was another group doing something related (edit: found it! jwvideos.montejunto.com)

maybe you can collaborate with them in the future too! :)  i think they are from europe, the brother's name is Miguel (I have his email if anyone wants; just PM me)

Edited by Brandon

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

hey good job!  there was another group doing something related (edit: found it! jwvideos.montejunto.com)

maybe you can collaborate with them in the future too! :)  i think they are from europe, the brother's name is Miguel (I have his email if anyone wants; just PM me)

Wonderful!  Thank you for sharing Brandon! :)

I had originally posted looking for a list I could print and use for resourcing and recording keeping of talks we had listened to - when the search proved fruitless - I endeavoured to make my own.  Shared because it was somewhat more time consuming than I had anticipated but pleased to have for our own studies.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)