JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Song no 132

There are many beautiful songs but I find this song to be more faith strengthening, more loving, more positive, more refreshing and more wonderful song.

A Victory Song

(Exodus 15:1)

1. Sing to Jehovah. His great name is highly exalted.

His proud Egyptian foes, He has cast into the sea.

Praise Jah Almighty; Besides him there can be no other.

Jehovah is his name; He has gained the victory.

(Chorus)

2. See now all nations Opposing the Sov'reign, Jehovah.

Though mightier than Pharaoh, They too will suffer shame.

Doom now awaits them; They will not survive Armageddon.

Soon ev'ryone will know That Jehovah is God's name.

(CHORUS)

Jehovah God, Most High over all,

The one from time indefinite the same,

You soon will cause your enemies to fall

And sanctify your holy name.

(See also Ps. 2:2, 9; 92:8; Mal. 3:6; Rev. 16:16.)

How you all happy and depressed enjoy this song.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

I remember the first version of this song.

It was played during an audio drama at the Divine Peace Convention I attended in Duluth, Minnesota.

I recall thinking at the time that it could be the same melody the Israelites sang those words to, after Jehovah saved them from Pharaoh and his army.  ^_^

It will be interesting to find out.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Interesting that you mention this Bro. Dilip.  I was running errands yesterday evening and by the time I arrived at one store, the "Victory Song" just started playing from the car CD.  I would not get out of the vehicle until the song was completed...and I was singing "loud and proud"!  After that, I felt like I could conquer the world! :D

Interesting that you mention this Bro. Dilip.  I was running errands yesterday evening and by the time I arrived at one store, the "Victory Song" just started playing from the car CD.  I would not get out of the vehicle until the song was completed...and I was singing "loud and proud"!  After that, I felt like I could conquer the world! default_biggrin.png
So sweet to hear.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, rbrown1205 said:

I like this version too, but I wonder, would it be wrong to sing the old version too - not at the KH when everyone else is singing the newer version, but in service or in a get together? Is there anything wrong with the words?

I sing the old lyrics to myself all the time, "Jehovah is a manly person of war..."

The words to the original are taken right from the Bible.

When  the words are inspired by God, himself,

how could they possibly be wrong? ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I like this version too, but I wonder, would it be wrong to sing the old version too - not at the KH when everyone else is singing the newer version, but in service or in a get together? Is there anything wrong with the words?

No, sing your heart out.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I know that we are getting away from types and anti types, and are concentrating on the lessons learned, and the recent WT lessons demonstrate the great value of this. But the old kingdom song lets me imagine that I was there.  I still have the audio tape that introduced the song, and the narrator actually encouraged us to put ourselves in that crowd, and it's easier to do so, because more of the original lyrics are there.  It is truly cool!!

Edited by rbrown1205