JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Micro SIM vs Nano SIM

I just bought a used Samsung Galaxy S7 (AT&T) to replace my Samsung Galaxy S5 (AT&T) and I found out the SIM cards may be a different size. What is the best way to switch phone SIM cards?

I have read that the Micro SIM can be cut to fit. That sounds risky.

Since they are both AT&T phones, I hope I can take the phones to an ATT store and have them transfer from the Micro SIM to a new Nano SIM at no charge.

Any advice?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I just bought a used Samsung Galaxy S7 (AT&T) to replace my Samsung Galaxy S5 (AT&T) and I found out the SIM cards may be a different size. What is the best way to switch phone SIM cards?

I have read that the Micro SIM can be cut to fit. That sounds risky.

Since they are both AT&T phones, I hope I can take the phones to an ATT store and have them transfer from the Micro SIM to a new Nano SIM at no charge.

Any advice?

I've cut mine before, just be careful.  Use the online template if you feel comfortable doing that.  Just don't use tape to keep into place, it can get stuck and ruin your phone.

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

22 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Att has an app that uses WiFi to transfer phone data

Thanks, I'm looking for more information about the SIM cards

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Thanks, I'm looking for more information about the SIM cards

Check You Tube ???

If you don't find specific information , chances are that you'll get distracted by some other videos so it's not a total "waste" of time ... :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Get a blank Sim from your provider put that in your new phone. Phone your provider up with the new card details they can then do the rest. It is a free service down here in NZ.

Use Samsung smart switch to transfer data.

Recently did a similar upgrade only issue with newer phone was Samsung health kept stopping so before you start using your new phone go into application manager clear cache and data for Samsung health.

Since both phones were from ATT I started using the ATT mobile transfer app but it kept shutting down so I used the Samsung Smart Switch. I decided to go to an ATT store to switch the SIM cards, they charged $5 for the new SIM and activated it for me. I didn't think of clearing the cache before I started...