JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Husbands listen up! What is the most romantic thing...

that you have ever done for/ or said to your wife? I was reading the book Song of Solomon and it is a very romantic book with tender sayings to be cherished. I know some of you brothers are not very good about doling out loving comments to your wife ---not that I think any of you on this board have have problem :>) just speaking of men in general. I know this from many sisters who have brought it up in the 14 year course of my being a witness and moving from California to Oklahoma. Seems to be a common theme. There is a sister who said that her husband told her once when they where courting that she "did not suck at playing ball--that she could slug a bat just like a man." She was serious too. Said he just was not good with words. A few years ago we had traveled a journey 0f 1500 miles with our 2 grand children who came down with the stomach flue while traveling. I tell you now, there was many different aromas floating around in that car. We stopped at a motel so I could take a bath and bathe the boys (ages three and 6 months). We got up the next morning and proceeded on our journey stopping every few hundred miles where I could change clothes. Finally I ran out and put my bathrobe on and he drove the rest of the way to LA with me in my robe. Once home Ihe tended the grand sons and I took a bath and refreshed myself. I came out of the bathroom smelling good and looking clean and he smiled and nudged my neck then whispered "You look like you just stepped off the cover of Vogue" I still remember the words, his smile, his soft nuzzle and the gleam in his eyes. He does things for me on a Daily basis and I do not have to be reminded of how lucky I am. We were married 27 years in October. How bout you?

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

When we were courting my husband arrived at my parent's house on his motorbike. He reached into his pannier where he had put a bunch of a dozen red roses only to find - as he'd left their heads sticking out of the pannier - that the wind had blown all the petals off as he'd travelled to us! "Well it's the thought that counts" he said removing his bike helmet and handing me a bunch of stalks!:clown::crush:

Then I think I may have mentioned in another thread ages ago, that he arrived with the engagement ring and a bag of blue sherbert fizz bombs or flying saucers sweets. He had seen my Dad and asked his permission -traditional here - and then offered me the ring in my parent's lounge, while they waited in their dining-room. Afterwards I was showing off the ring with the 2 of us with bright blue mouths and tongues off the sherbert fizz-bombs! It's his quirky humour that I and most in the congregation like. He's not a boring person that's for sure. We have had 30 years of the 'weird and wonderful' in our marriage!:kissy:

The most romantic....I honestly didn't think I'd ever get a marriage proposal from my husband. He called me from Maine, and was talking weird and I just thought it odd of him, almost like his mind wasn't totally on the conversation.

He arrived in Edmonton on December 11th of 2009, and asked me to go to supper with him. I told him I didn't much feel like it, wasn't feeling well and though I didn't tell him frankly I was very upset with him. I had loved this man for a long time (6 years!) and I was done with his stupidity, and if he wasn't ever going to propose I didn't want to speak to him any longer.

Anyhow, he insisted and insisted saying it would be a nice night for a walk through the legislature grounds and that maybe I just needed to get out of the house. It was -20C that night, and I told him as much and that I wasn't walking anywhere with him. In fact, I was a cranky cow. So he said, okay well if you won't come out for a walk, would you at least come out to supper with me? My answer...No, I told you I'm not feeling well. Anyhow, I capitulated - I reasoned that my mood meant now was as good as time as any to tell him to get lost and I was just putting it off.

So I went. I didn't bother to comb my hair, I went in the worst possible clothes, and I was downright MOODY X(

So the last time he had been to Maine, he had told me about these huge clams that were there, and after I had went to the bathroom (to throw up) he pulls out this clam shell, and passes it to me. He's like I got you this when I was there, and I perked up a bit, at least "the loser" had thought of me is what I was thinking (I was in a foul, foul mood, not fit for public company LOL)

Anyhow, I was happier because of the shell, as it was pretty neat, and I collect all sorts of little rocks, shells and so forth. So I opened it, because I was curious to see if it had the same patterning of colours on the inside as some of the others I had looked at, and the wedding ring and engagement ring were inside of it.

I was shocked, so shocked I said nothing. I simply closed the shell. Sat there thinking for half a second and reopened it to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I seriously said NOTHING. I was still stunned. He sat there and then asked, so is that a yes? I still said nothing, my answer was actually no, because I was still MIFFED with him. I said yes though, after a bit.

He told me he didn't think it would fit, because they only had size 7 rings as a showcase model and he didn't have time enough to have it re-sized because he bought it in the U.S.

I tried it on, and it fit - was hilarious, both of us went "oh...it fits!"

So, yeah that's about the most romantic thing he's ever done...other than helping me to install flooring in my second living room LOL!Ring in Shell

Nice romantic story Sharon. Grumpy would probably be more romantic but I guess I don't appreciate it.:flowers:

I just want people to be nice. That's romantic to me.:kisscheek:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

My wife does not like to be called Dear, as in "thank you dear" or "yes dear" or "any thing you want dear" or "you're always right dear". She gets very irate with me. So rather than argue about it or get upset over it, I just substitute elk and run like the devil. :taz:

We no longer have rolling pins or cast iron skillets in the house.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

My wife does not like to be called Dear, as in "thank you dear" or "yes dear" or "any thing you want dear" or "you're always right dear". She gets very irate with me. So rather than argue about it or get upset over it, I just substitute elk and run like the devil. :taz:

We no longer have rolling pins or cast iron skillets in the house.

HAHAHAHAHA!

In light of this thread I thought I would try something romantic. I told her:

"I am sorry I am such a big pain in the butt, but I love you :crush:"

She seemed to be happy with that :)

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

In light of this thread I thought I would try something romantic. I told her:

"I am sorry I am such a big pain in the butt, but I love you :crush:"

She seemed to be happy with that :)

In light of your romantic gesture Jerry, I'll share with you a little observation.

"No man has ever been shot while doing dishes"

In light of this thread I thought I would try something romantic. I told her: "I am sorry I am such a big pain in the butt' date=' but I love you :crush:" She seemed to be happy with that :)[/quote'] In light of your romantic gesture Jerry, I'll share with you a little observation. "No man has ever been shot while doing dishes"

66366=3670-bear hug.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Our CO was visiting with us over dinner and talking about marriage. He said that foreplay to his wife was firing up the Hoover! He encouraged the brothers to try it sometime.

Oh yea, that works every time. I plug the vacuum cord in, fire it up and roll up the vacuum cord when she's done.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

When my hubby proposed we went to a nice restaurant. Our first time going out alone. He gave me a little card that said "Will you be Mine?" That totally confused me as it was Feb 9th and I was SURE we didn't celebrate Valentines day. Then he popped the question, and I said yes (after picking myself off the floor from surprise) and he signaled the waiter who came with a basket of flowers. In the flowers was a white teddy bear and around the teddy bears neck on a red ribbon was the engagement ring. I still have the bear. And then I asked him "does this mean we're dating now?" (I wasn't raised in the Truth and didn't realize all those card games at the friend's houses was our courtship lol) He is and always has been way more romantic than I am. :crush:

Get more exercise....walk with Jehovah!

The most romantic thing I experienced was on a return trip after dropping the kids of with the grandparents several states away. My now ex and I stopped everywhere we saw wild flowers and put them in the 44 oz cup he had. By the time we got from NC to FL I had the most beautiful bouquet! Now I'd rather have cheap flowers over roses or calla lilies every time!