JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is anyone else aware that Santa is an anagram of Satan :eek:

Yes! Interesting how more people are more familiar with Santa's name and not Jehovah's. Although not as convincing as telling people the pagan origins of Christmas its a good opportunity to talk about names, in particular Jehovah's. ;)

Is anyone else aware that Santa is an anagram of Satan :eek:

Yes, that's why my favourite phrase for years, at the end of the year, was always "Get thee behind me Santa!".

-This was a reply to those at school who knew I didn't celebrate Xmas and cheekily wished me a merry one.

-It was the reply to my Dad (not a JW) who would cheekily do the same, except having had it's origins explained to him would instead wish me a Merry Saturnalia!

-It's also what I say to myself when after plodding around supermarkets constantly getting and earful of the 'Merry Musac' (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=musac) and finding myself humming the rubbish!

There was a brother in the congregation with 4 young children. They built a home behind their unbelieving parents. Big mistake! The grandparents would sneak the kids off to the mall and get their pictures taken with Santa. The brother would get so irate with his parents over it but could never get it to stop.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

There was a brother in the congregation with 4 young children. They built a home behind their unbelieving parents. Big mistake! The grandparents would sneak the kids off to the mall and get their pictures taken with Santa. The brother would get so irate with his parents over it but could never get it to stop.

now that is just plain wrong....:nope:

How did the kids turn out...? did they see that what their grandparents was doing was wrong ?

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

now that is just plain wrong....:nope:

How did the kids turn out...? did they see that what their grandparents was doing was wrong ?

The Children are all grown now and doing well in the truth. The Grandfather was a military man and strong disciplinarian and there was never a "no" he would accept. The Father was just like his father so the kids were caught between a rock and a hard place. The Grandfather died long before they hit the teen years so they all ended up with their heads screwed on straight.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

So I quick google search for images comes up with:

66490=3680-Santa-Satan-e.jpg Item #1 is almost accomplished. They started before Thanksgiving this year - maybe before Halloween the next. Looks whose laughing now (I thought this fit in another thread as well, but ....):

66490=3681-santa-or-satan.jpg

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....