JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

MEMORIAL 2018 - Anticipation and Greetings

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2217 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

When our new hall was built 4 years ago, we had about 60 pub. Then cong. closest to us merged with ours & another town. That made us about 110 pubs. Hall was super packed, with 236 in attendance. Lots of mates & new ones for memorial.  Very good talk with illustrations, even on screen.

Our little hall was so full last night, I thought it would burst at the seams.  For every regular one in attendance, we had what seemed like 2-3 visitors more.  My granddaughters, my daughter and myself attended.  My daughter Bethany felt almost overwhelmed at the amount of people, and the amount of those saying hello to her.  Yet, came away feeling like it was a beautiful event, she and I went over the scriptures together, and I could tell it was a different event for her than it ever had been in years past.

She's made an effort to stop smoking on her own.  She told me she hadn't had a smoke in 2 days prior AND she encouraged one of our dear sisters who has been even sicker than I had this past year.  She told her, '4 years ago, I told my Mom to not speak about Jehovah, and yet here I am'.  She met another sister with whom I have had a great many conversations with and they connected.  She was a sister who had left the truth for 18 years, and had nothing good to say of the world.  

She's studying the material on her own, and then she peppers me with questions.  All in all, it was really good. 

Edited by cerebral ecstasy