JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

MEMORIAL 2018 - Anticipation and Greetings

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2188 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Saturday morning in Australia. Memorial is tonight. LDC finished our new hall in Jan, so 1st memorial tonight.
Our memorial attendance was down last year due to a Tropical Cyclone. I expect a BIG turnout this year!

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

I was at the AH today and they were setting up the tables, I offered to test the wine but they said no....:(

Brother Richard Ashe from Wallkill is our scheduled speaker :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Well greetings brothers and sisters, as we all, world wide prepare for the memorial, Auckland, NZ will be the first observing the memorial. May Jah’s spirit and blessing be upon all 14,150 plus brothers and sisters (based on 2017 year report) and hope that those deserving ones who join you and your congregations have a fabulous memorial. I am sure the talk will be encouraging to all. Agape love from the USA (NJ)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Old said:

Not fair! Always first! 

Isn't the Oceania islands considered first to have their memorial? ((i.e., Fiji, Tonga, Kiribati, etc.) 

Also, I believe Hawaii will be the final area to observe the memorial last, yes?

Edited by Omoyeme

That's what I thought, too! Our brothers and sisters in Suva, Fiji, will have their Memorial at 6:30 Pm. Or, 1:30 AM in our time zone (central U.S). TWO HOURS from now! Does anyone have theirs sooner?

Edited by JudyO

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

We are are about to leave for our memorial in half an hour. One of the first, if not the first memorial for this season will begin at 6:45 pm ... in one hour 20 mins from this post. (The ONLY country that may pip us at the post is Kiribati) ... they turned their clocks forward one hour in the year 2000 but being single congregation/s they will likely begin later than ours anyway)

I send Greetings from New Zealand (A part of Russia is also in our timezone) and I wish all a lovely memorial evening in all seriousness and in all joy for what Jesus has done for us. I also wish that many interested ones will be in attendance. 

And so, it begins ...

With much love - Mandi (I hopefully will post a photo or six hundred nahh kidding in Rocket's thread). 

6 pm means there will be a wait for the emblems to be passed around as the sun has to set - 6.45  pm is the earliest we can do to make sure the emblems are passed after sunset.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

36 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

Isn't the Oceania islands considered first to have their memorial? ((i.e., Fiji, Tonga, Kiribati, etc.) 

Also, I believe Hawaii will be the final area to observe the memorial last, yes?

All those islands are above NZ so either same timezone or a bit behind. ... Kiribati was cheeky and put their clocks forward to be the first to see the new Century not sure if they have put them back since, but that notwithstaning ... New Zealand is first. (Easter Island is the first ISLAND but don't think there's a congregation there lol).

YES with Hawaii they are a full day behind us give or take an hour, but closer in distance than most of you.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Our memorial had 148 in attendance including those on the phone, we have about 80 publishers and we are one of two congregations, so it will be easily twice that. It was beautiful. Photos will be in Rocket's thread.