JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trump: US, France and UK launch strikes on Syria

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2201 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

29 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

My first thought in the news is "I pray no brothers or sisters were there!", I have compassion for anyone caught in the middle of these horrendous situations but fellow JW's always pop into my head first.

I've wondered how many brothers and sisters were killed in Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Bad things can happen to good people.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I've wondered how many brothers and sisters were killed in Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Bad things can happen to good people.

I've wondered that too, and I think there was a brother who's family was caught in it; think he lost his wife. Not sure if it's in one of the publications or online. Oh wait, maybe I'm thinking of an earthquake in Japan..:S

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

10 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Not many JW’s in Japan at that time ... 

You made me think about numbers now 

Does anyone have statistics of brothers during wartime in Japan? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

I researched once but I don't remember the number. Nevertheless, it's possible some of us may die during the pushing and shoving..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

it's possible some of us may die during the pushing and shoving..

Never ruled that out!

Regional conflicts abound!

Many brothers and sisters die daily, weekly, monthly, due to natural causes etc...

Death will continue it's harvest till the day when Jehovah stops it.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

15 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Roughly a few hundred maybe a thousand, I think. I recall reading there was about a hundred arrested by the Japanese in 1939 or so, but that was across Japan and Taiwan and Korea.

10 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Even if there was a chlorine attack by the Syrian government, we need to keep in mind that the ones screaming the loudest here, namely the USA, dumped millons of gallons of Agent Orange on innocent Vietnamese during the Vietnam War, and fired depleted uranium tank shells into civillian areas during the 2004 Iraq War.

Very true.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

18 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

My dear sister, I know how you feel. I’ve been there. Remember that as long as this system continues, there is always time to improve on our spirituality, with Jehovah’s help. Try your best to improve in prayer, personal study and the ministry, if you are lacking. Ask for Jehovah’s help. Pour out your heart to Jehovah about what depresses you - Psalms 55:22. Try your best to read one chapter of the Bible a day. If you find that hard to do, start off in books like psalms that have very few verses. Remember that you enjoy the ministry more when you go out more. When I slowed down in the ministry, I began to hate going out. Jesus said at Luke 5:31 “Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but those who are ill do”. So if you think your depression could be a chemical imbalance, remember that there’s nothing wrong with seeking medical help. Jesus said so. If you broke your leg, you wouldn’t go to the Kingdom Hall, you would go to the doctor. This is coming from someone who had severe depression and was on medication. I hope this helps :)

Thank you so much. I feel much better today. Ever since I lost my home in the california fire back in October it's been a struggle mentally. I've told people I haven't lost faith, I've lost strength. But I've called on the elders, I'll be seeing them today. Looking forward to the encouragement. 

I will say though, now that I've calmed down, seeing this in the news has encouraged me to get back out in service routinely again because I want to let as many people as possible know the truth. We're so blessed to know Jehovah, I wish more people would listen. 

5 hours ago, EverlastingLifeInView said:

Thank you so much. I feel much better today. Ever since I lost my home in the california fire back in October it's been a struggle mentally. I've told people I haven't lost faith, I've lost strength. But I've called on the elders, I'll be seeing them today. Looking forward to the encouragement. 

I will say though, now that I've calmed down, seeing this in the news has encouraged me to get back out in service routinely again because I want to let as many people as possible know the truth. We're so blessed to know Jehovah, I wish more people would listen. 

That’s good you are feeling better. I’m sorry you lost your house. I remember someone on here said they did and now that you mentioned it, I remember that it was you. Yes, a visit from the elders will help you very much :)

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

5 hours ago, EverlastingLifeInView said:

Kelsey, I was happy to meet you and your husband last September before the fire.  I'm sorry to hear that you aren't doing well. You guys will be in my prayers again...