JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trump: US, France and UK launch strikes on Syria

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2201 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

Now......to see Russia's response.

Earlier they said ..the source of the missiles will be targeted back.

Yeah, they sure did!

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

4 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

With the backing of UK and France I wonder if that gives the retaliation a little more validity 

So does Russia respond to all three?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I saw that the UN has said that they are in part responsible for this escaltion because of their inaction !

Maybe if there's a war ..maybe the UN will say enough is enough....and proclam peace and security once and for all..?

( but personally i think we living the peace and security since , maybe 1986.

Its like when they say " goal" during a football game...

Goooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll

It last for severals years....

3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them,

They are saying peace and security since , maybe since 1986 and it will stop when the UN will say : we have found the solution of peace and security : remove all religion .

Will Russia directly attack the K.O.S.? Sounds unlikely to me, but anything could happen.

I wonder if Russia will respond with cyber attacks rather than military attacks. Or terrorist attacks against USA, UK, and French interests in  different parts of the world. Perhaps using nerve agents/chemical weapons.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

47 minutes ago, Igorianov said:

Yes - I  first heard of the peace and security airing on a store radio program - around 1976.

A sister and mom were shopping!  It was kind of shocking to hear and she gasped in the

store:uhhuh:

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

So does Russia respond to all three?

What role are all 3 taking?  I've not read the news. Are UK and French controlled weapons being used or are they providing logistics and support? 

1 hour ago, Igorianov said:

I saw that the UN has said that they are in part responsible for this escaltion because of their inaction !

Maybe if there's a war ..maybe the UN will say enough is enough....and proclam peace and security once and for all..?

3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them,

They are saying peace and security since , maybe since 1986 and it will stop when the UN will say : we have found the solution of peace and security : remove all religion .

32 years later doesn't sound very sudden. 

Plus, the FDS seems to feel it's not been proclaimed yet. 

Edited by Shawnster

3 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

What role are all 3 taking?  I've not read the news. Are UK and French controlled weapons being used or are they providing logistics and support? 

Britain and France joined the United States in the strikes in a coordinated operation that was intended to show Western resolve in the face of what the leaders of the three nations called persistent violations of international law. 

It appears they are launching weapons..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Still sounds vague to me. I'll have to check BBC. 

I mean, providing support can still be worded as joined. 

Edited to add... Auntie Beeb confirms... British Tornadoes used in airstrikes. 

Edited by Shawnster

You know what the big joke is?

I keep hearing

retaliating for the suspected chemical attack last Saturday in the town of Douma

I'm no legal expert, but that sounds like putting a person behind bars for being a suspect in a crime. In this case, a person with hardly a motive and a history of being framed.

10 minutes ago, CyreJay said:

The images of the children in this horrific scenes weigh so heavy on the heart! 

I'm afraid that they no longer affect me, since it has been proven time and again that this kind of thing gets faked by oppositional propagandists.

I don't believe anything on TV anymore. My heart goes out to all the real victims of war, but I refuse to allow pictures on television influence my thinking

It's similar to some of the photographs in our magazines, some of those are made on green screens, but it still touches my heart. :unsure:.. We definitely want to be careful what we believe on the news but I want to stay informed what's going on so I don't get blindsided if something was to happen that could directly affect JW's. :lol:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

From the New York Times,

The sun was barely up before the Defense Ministry, not famous for speedy reactions, had pumped out a statement underscoring that none of the thousands of Russian troops garrisoned in Syria had been threatened by the American, British and French attack and that none of its air defense systems had been mobilized.

“It looks like both sides were playing according to their prescribed roles and managed to limit the harm from this kind of confrontation,” said Aleksandr M. Golts, an independent Russian military analyst and deputy editor of Yezhenedelny Zhurnal, an online current affairs magazine. “Syria will not be the starting point for some kind of global confrontation.”

The American ambassador to Russia, Jon M. Huntsman Jr., released a statement on Facebook on Saturday confirming that the two sides had taken steps before the assault to made sure they stayed out of each other’s way. “Before we took action,” he said, “the U.S. communicated with the R.F. to reduce the danger of any Russian or civilian casualties.”

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

15 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

It's similar to some of the photographs in our magazines, some of those are made on green screens, but it still touches my heart. :unsure:.. We definitely want to be careful what we believe on the news but I want to stay informed what's going on so I don't get blindsided if something was to happen that could directly affect JW's. :lol:

It is natural to be influenced by sound, music and pictures, but we really need to be careful, because the intention is to manipulate us into taking a clear side against the "monster" Assad and his allies.

Even if there was a chlorine attack by the Syrian government, we need to keep in mind that the ones screaming the loudest here, namely the USA, dumped millons of gallons of Agent Orange on innocent Vietnamese during the Vietnam War, and fired depleted uranium tank shells into civillian areas during the 2004 Iraq War.

So if we feel anguish for the victims, that's one thing, but we really need to be careful not to take sides because of some pictures of kids being showered with water... not even to mention this might be wag-the-dog scneario like the incubator babies  or the white helmets rescue videos.

That was a lot of fear mongering and sabre rattling for such a little result. 

http://Trump declares 'Mission Accomplished!' in the overnight Syria strike https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/14/politics/trump-syria-strike/index.html

Screenshot_20180414-111009_CNN.thumb.jpg.eae631f4707883ffd0dd22207d72b960.jpg

Mission accomplished. We now return you to the regularly scheduled Syrian conflict. 

Edited by Shawnster

2 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Mission accomplished. We now return you to the regularly scheduled Syrian conflict. 

Stay tuned for more pushing and shoving, film at 11.....

9 hours ago, EverlastingLifeInView said:

Not going to lie this gave me an anxiety attack when I first saw this. I've been so depressed lately and struggling to be active. See this and think, great, I'll be the weak witness during the great tribulation. :<

My dear sister, I know how you feel. I’ve been there. Remember that as long as this system continues, there is always time to improve on our spirituality, with Jehovah’s help. Try your best to improve in prayer, personal study and the ministry, if you are lacking. Ask for Jehovah’s help. Pour out your heart to Jehovah about what depresses you - Psalms 55:22. Try your best to read one chapter of the Bible a day. If you find that hard to do, start off in books like psalms that have very few verses. Remember that you enjoy the ministry more when you go out more. When I slowed down in the ministry, I began to hate going out. Jesus said at Luke 5:31 “Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but those who are ill do”. So if you think your depression could be a chemical imbalance, remember that there’s nothing wrong with seeking medical help. Jesus said so. If you broke your leg, you wouldn’t go to the Kingdom Hall, you would go to the doctor. This is coming from someone who had severe depression and was on medication. I hope this helps :)

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Oh trust me I know not to take sides but to remain neutral :lol: At times it's difficult especially when around those who do take sides. And some of the government officials I don't like on a personality level regardless of their status I don't like their attitudes lol

My first thought in the news is "I pray no brothers or sisters were there!", I have compassion for anyone caught in the middle of these horrendous situations but fellow JW's always pop into my head first.

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!