JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The law of the wild says kill only when you are hungry

The law of the wild says kill only when you are hungry. Photographer Michel Denis-Huot, who captured these amazing pictures on safari in Kenya's Masai Mara in October last year, said he was astounded by what he saw: "These three cheetah brothers have been living together since they left their mother at about 18 months old," he said. "On the morning we saw them, they seemed not to be hungry, walking quickly but stopping sometimes to play together. At one point, they met a group of impala who ran away. But one impala youngster was not quick enough and the brothers caught it easily." These extraordinary scenes followed:

66753=3697-#1.jpg

66753=3698-#2.jpg

66753=3699-#4.jpg And then they just walked away without hurting him!

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I have evidence that the cheetah's went on to kill and eat the impala on the phographer's website. Many newspapers only chose the pictures they wanted to show to give a wrong impression of what was happening. Cat's often 'play' with their prey before eating it. I won't post the link to Christine et Michel Denis Huot site though, as I don't want the true sad pic's, to get in the way of pics that show how things could be in the Paradise.:no:

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I have evidence that the cheetah's went on to kill and eat the impala on the phographer's website. Many newspapers only chose the pictures they wanted to show to give a wrong impression of what was happening. Cat's often 'play' with their prey before eating it. I won't post the link to Christine et Michel Denis Huot site though, as I don't want the true sad pic's, to get in the way of pics that show how things could be in the Paradise.:no:

Thanks a lot (not). I, for one, would've preferred not to know that...In this case, 'ignorance truly is bliss'...

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I have evidence that the cheetah's went on to kill and eat the impala on the phographer's website. Many newspapers only chose the pictures they wanted to show to give a wrong impression of what was happening. Cat's often 'play' with their prey before eating it. I won't post the link to Christine et Michel Denis Huot site though, as I don't want the true sad pic's, to get in the way of pics that show how things could be in the Paradise.Shakes Head No Smiley

:cry: whaaa I thought it was to good to be true...

@ Irish Setter Pic

Don't those beautifull brown eyes just reach out and grab ya. What a beautiful animal and litter.

They are beautiful dogs.:heart:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

My late study Natalie had a red setter called Fenella. As Fenella walked in the sunshine her coat rippled with many shades of gold, copper and bronze it was beautiful. She is such a sweet natured animal! I was sorry about the cheetah's too! I googled the name on the photo's and got Newspaper Hoax, then saw the rest of the photo's on the website, so I felt - reluctantly - I had to tell folk the truth before they passed on the photo's to their friends and continued to give a wrong impression. I can see why you wanted to put the lovely pic there though:

67508=3747-Rom12Conqevilgood.jpg

a nice photo of living animals :D to take away the sadness... Proud mum: Romy with her litter of 15 healthy Irish setter newborns born after eight hours of labour

67451=3742-article-0-0F0EEC1F00000578-71

They are breathtakingly beautiful! I love Irish Setters! I want my hair to be that color!

Did you ever see the old Designing Women series on TV? One of my favorite episodes is Nightmare from HeeHaw or something similiar to that. There is a bar scene that is hairilous that you should watch...look for the part where one of the men that is dancing with Charlene talks about delivering all the babies in their family and how he says the hospital named one of the little girls by putting a wrist band oh her---listen to how he says her name...hysterical---you can find the episode by searching Designing Women online episodes

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

hi Leslie...just got back around to this thread...I don't know why the dogs are wearing little collars...its not like they are going to be mixed up with other dogs.. as in a hospital? :D

I don't mean to sound crude but have you ever heard the expression "sucking hind tit"? An old farmer saying as the animal stuck on the hind tit was always the runt of the litter. Not for sure but my guess is that the bands are a way of ensuring each pup gets a fair share of the milk.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I just asked a breeder who is a customer here and she said they are whelping bands that breeders use (sometimes they even paint the puppies nails with certain color polishes to record each puppies statistics) or they use colored yarn--anything to identify and keep a record for each pup. I had never seen that before.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 2 weeks later...