JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bill Cosby Convicted

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2180 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/11/18/audio-of-bill-cosby-joking-about-drugging-women-resurfaces/

it it seems like I recall my father talking with my uncle when I was in my tweens about Bill Cosby being a  ‘dirty comedian’ and shocked at his performance. 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

On 4/27/2018 at 7:27 PM, Qapla said:

If it was Eddie Murphy, then he also imitated the label on the tape. When they took the tape out to put on something we could actually listen to, the label on the tape clearly had "Bill Cosby" written on it and a picture of his face.

Like This?

https://www.amazon.com/adults-only-LP-BILL-COSBY/dp/B004135M0U

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I guess I was just an innocent not knowing that he recorded adult (Hate that term) albums. I stand corrected! :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

18 minutes ago, Old said:

I guess I was just an innocent not knowing that he recorded adult (Hate that term) albums. I stand corrected! :(

Without hearing the content, how can we determine it is indeed an adult album in the manner of vulgar speech or conduct?  Back then they didn't have explicit lyric warnings and I'm not sure if the term "adult" was used in 1971 to refer to the same thing it means today.  

Hard to judge the album with only seeing the cover.

Then again, as we're seeing, the content can still be inappropriate while containing 0 vulgar words.

https://www.allmusic.com/album/for-adults-only-mw0000691574

A Redd Foxx adult comedy album, sure, but Bill Cosby? That's right. For Adults Only isn't at all a record of foul-mouthed comedy, darn it! It is "for adults only" because it is about parenting, which the comedian believes is a job only done by, and only of interest to, adults. Isn't that so typically Bill Cosby? These live performances date from the early '70s, and the audience is, of course, the Las Vegas crowd. It was well before the rhythms of a television situation comedy took over the workings of this man's inner mind, so what you hear is still the bristling energy of a stand-up comic who had already mastered the question of timing as well as the medium of the phonograph record as a mode of communication with legions of fans. By sticking just to family humor, and once again, it is the subject being described and not the language, the comedian limits his subject matter to the point of narrowing the possible audience. It is also an area in which listeners may agree with what he is saying while at the same time lamenting that it is a subject that makes this comedian go a bit soft and sappy, resulting in less than his funniest material.

6 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

https://www.allmusic.com/album/for-adults-only-mw0000691574

A Redd Foxx adult comedy album, sure, but Bill Cosby? That's right. For Adults Only isn't at all a record of foul-mouthed comedy, darn it! It is "for adults only" because it is about parenting, which the comedian believes is a job only done by, and only of interest to, adults. Isn't that so typically Bill Cosby? These live performances date from the early '70s, and the audience is, of course, the Las Vegas crowd. It was well before the rhythms of a television situation comedy took over the workings of this man's inner mind, so what you hear is still the bristling energy of a stand-up comic who had already mastered the question of timing as well as the medium of the phonograph record as a mode of communication with legions of fans. By sticking just to family humor, and once again, it is the subject being described and not the language, the comedian limits his subject matter to the point of narrowing the possible audience. It is also an area in which listeners may agree with what he is saying while at the same time lamenting that it is a subject that makes this comedian go a bit soft and sappy, resulting in less than his funniest material.

I agree with Shawn, I just did a perusal of the album, For Adults Only, on youtube. I can't say his language was 100% but the topic is as Shawn reports above and does not contain a lot of blatantly course language.

Redd Fox, on the other hand, was extremely foul-mouthed. I couldn't listen to his records. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.