JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

When you have Facebook account, you friends are notified that is your birthday when it comes.

Therefore some people start sending birthday wishes etc.

Like ..Happy birthday darling!

Would you respond to such wishes with thumbs up?

BTW, I am not talking here about my case.

I would love to read your responses.

1-Facebook-thumbs-up.jpg

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

What is interesting is that you can block your birthday so that it never shows up, and yet I see it over and over again with the pages of brothers and sisters, where worldly people are wishing them a happy birthday. And I have yet to see any response letting them know that they don't celebrate birthdays.  So my question would be why allow people to see that in the first place? 

1 hour ago, The Deej said:

What is interesting is that you can block your birthday so that it never shows up, and yet I see it over and over again with the pages of brothers and sisters

Same here. My date of birth isn't public. I think some people just don't realize they can make it private.

Edited by Sylv

2 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

When you have Facebook account, you friends are notified that is your birthday when it comes.

Therefore some people start sending birthday wishes etc.

Like ..Happy birthday darling!

Would you respond to such wishes with thumbs up?

BTW, I am not talking here about my case.

I would love to read your responses.

1-Facebook-thumbs-up.jpg

Knowing that fb does that - I didn't put my birth date on my profile so I don't get notifications.

But, to answer your question - if someone acknowledged my birthdate publicly I'd just  'ignore' it. But then most if not all on my FB are witnesses so they wouldn't anyway. My cousin is inactive so she knows my stand.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, Sylv said:

My date of birth isn't public

You’d be surprised ....if someone wanted to get your birthday on the internet they wouldn’t need Facebook. I used to have access to all the vitals, including social security numbers, here in the states...and I’m not in law-enforcement. :coffee::gun-toot:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

I didn't give my real birth date, I think I'm 19 on FB, can't really remember. Haven't been on it in months. And no, I don't respond to any birthday wishes. Just like I don't for my bank or any other business relationship that sends good wishes.

But that said, I'm getting ready to switch to Vero. Been looking at it lately. Like what I see. It's not free but is better managed. So far that's what I see. Any other opinions I'd like to hear.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

The only bday greetings I get are from my dentist, bank, places you’re required to give it. 

For everywhere else I always use my baptism date as I consider it to be the real day I was born..

and it makes me about 20 years younger..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Dove said:

The only bday greetings I get are from my dentist, bank, places you’re required to give it. 

For everywhere else I always use my baptism date as I consider it to be the real day I was born..

and it makes me about 20 years younger..:)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I'm happy no one wishes me happy birthday since i join facebook and as far as i can remember. The friends i have in my school knows i dont celebrate birthdays but at times my friends greet me in person. I say thanks but there are times i said too that i dont celebrate birthdays even though i already know they knew it :) brother greg

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

12 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

You’d be surprised ....if someone wanted to get your birthday on the internet they wouldn’t need Facebook. I used to have access to all the vitals, including social security numbers, here in the states...and I’m not in law-enforcement. :coffee::gun-toot:

Go ahead, just don't remind my friends about it :) 

And I used my real birth date. I just don't have it publicly visible.

Edited by Sylv