JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Stunning biblical 'spies' mosaic discovered

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2107 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Stunning biblical 'spies' mosaic discovered in Israel

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/07/12/stunning-biblical-spies-mosaic-discovered-in-israel.amp.html

Researchers have uncovered a stunning mosaic depicting a biblical scene at the site of an ancient synagogue in Northern Israel.

The mosaic, which is the latest to be discovered at the fifth-century synagogue in Huqoq, depicts a scene from Numbers 13:23. Labeled "a pole between two," the panel shows two spies sent by Moses to explore the biblical land of Canaan. The spies are shown carrying a pole with a cluster of grapes, which they took to Moses as evidence of Canaan’s abundance.

Another recently discovered panel, which references Isaiah 11:6, includes the inscription "a small child shall lead them," and depicts a youth leading an animal on a rope.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 7/13/2018 at 3:27 PM, Thesauron said:

Why are they not sporting beards?

Good question! Art style perhaps of the people who made it. Like how the churches made Jesus pale white, skinny with long hair. Though this wa the account of the spies, and that was pre-mosaic law I believe.. they just left Egypt. So it would make sense to have many people shaven at that time.

Edited by EccentricM

These places of worship may have been apostate too, like the Jews who developed the myth of not using Jehovah's name. Look at this.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1h

"A mosaic from the synagogue showing the Hebrew month of Tevet with the sign of Capricorn".

They were including star signs and astrology in their art...

These places of worship may have been apostate too, like the Jews who developed the myth of not using Jehovah's name. Look at this.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzEwMC82NTgvb3JpZ2luYWwvbW9zYWljLVRldmV0LUNhcHJpY29ybi0uanBnPzE1MzEyNjE2NDU=&key=5a0561a894e680af9792a0ee899e41f07824238e0005880a5bf5d6d8dbbd60c0

"A mosaic from the synagogue showing the Hebrew month of Tevet with the sign of Capricorn".

They were including star signs and astrology in their art...

No doubt. In many of the synagogues found, there are traces of Babylonian influence. The zodiac is a common theme.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”