JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Resurrection Reunions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1764 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I think it would be interesting to get Joseph Smith in the same room with any surviving members of the NWT translation committee..:)

Actually it would be more interesting to get any of the Bible translators in a room with the NWT committee...

Why would we want a NWT translation? 😁

Its funny because I typed and then deleted:

Inspired writers of Hebrew Scriptures with NWT committee.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

10 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Inspired writers of Hebrew Scriptures with NWT committee

That would be fun.  I can imagine the original writers comparing notes about prophecies and their fulfillment..

Isaiah: "I always wondered why Cyrus was...what? he's in the next room? Bring him in!"

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Hello Bro. Richard! Would like to share with you about Cain and Goliath:

On 7/16/2018 at 12:00 AM, Tortuga said:

Cain and Abel

Why, though, did Jesus connect Abel with “the founding of the world” and not Cain, who was the first such offspring? Cain’s decisions and actions amounted to a willful rebellion against Jehovah God. Like his parents, Cain does not appear to be in line for resurrection and redemption
Imitate Their Faith p. 16 on Paragraph 5, the footnote.

On 7/16/2018 at 12:00 AM, Tortuga said:

David and Goliath

That's quite unlikely as well for Goliath to be resurrected. I mean, think of what he did. He chose to taunt the army of Jehovah, basically taunting Jehovah. 
[In taunting the armies of the living God Jehovah, Goliath sealed his own doom.]  (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 1 p. 984)

1 Samuel 17: 45 David replied to the Phi·lisʹtine: “You are coming against me with sword and spear and javelin,+ but I am coming against you in the name of Jehovah of armies,+ the God of the battle line of Israel, whom you have taunted.*+ 46 This very day Jehovah will surrender you into my hand,+ and I will strike you down and cut off your head; and on this day I will give the corpses of the camp of the Phi·lisʹtines to the birds of the heavens and to the wild beasts of the earth; and people of all the earth will know that there is a God in Israel.+

We also know that, with Jehovah's help David killed Goliath:
[
David slipped a stone into his sling and swung it as hard as he could. With Jehovah’s help, the stone shot out and sank into Goliath’s forehead.] (lfb 98-99)

Edited by Kristian

correction

Just as the faithful prophets remembered their forefathers or spoke of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob they will enjoy meeting them as we will enjoy meeting our ancestors, possibly following our history down to at least Noah.  And seeing if we are related to any bible characters....Now THAT's a family tree!!

• 2 weeks later...

I even think about meeting some of my family in the resurrection. My dad always gave me the, "I am older and wiser than you" speech. Of course, I will show him the respect that is due, but this "I am older and wiser" thing won't be, because if he was resurrected today, he is only a year older than I am now. So I suspect by the time he is resurrected I will be "older and wiser".

I was 12 when my maternal grandmother died, I will probably be older than her as well when she is resurrected. How strange it will be to be older than our parents or grandparents.

I wonder if our relationships will be more like a brother or sister than parent/child.

5 hours ago, Gary910 said:

My dad always gave me the, "I am older and wiser than you" speech

Haha, that's just dad's,  they are pretty much alike.

I remember your dad a little bit, I can recall his smile and him being friendly,  I was pretty young so I don't recall much about that time.

I also look forward to meeting him again....

Hezekiah and Sennacherib..

That would be an interesting conversation. Can you imagine them having a beer together and discussing what happened that night?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

18 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Hezekiah and Sennacherib..

That would be an interesting conversation. Can you imagine them having a beer together and discussing what happened that night?

we have a sense of humour because Jehovah has and we are made in his image, so....could happen Lol !

EG...just look at Elephant Seal 😊 

If Goliath is resurrected, can you imagine him and Samson having a friendly game of arm wresting :eek:

Of course, neither one of them would probably have the strength they had 'back in the day'....

17 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Haha, that's just dad's,  they are pretty much alike.

I remember your dad a little bit, I can recall his smile and him being friendly,  I was pretty young so I don't recall much about that time.

I also look forward to meeting him again....

You remember my dad?

Are you from Orange County? Etc...???

Richard - Tortuga and I have figured out we "knew" each other. Long, long ago, we were in the same congregation.

Please fill in the blanks for me Brother...???

4 hours ago, Gary910 said:

You remember my dad?

Are you from Orange County? Etc...???

Richard - Tortuga and I have figured out we "knew" each other. Long, long ago, we were in the same congregation.

Please fill in the blanks for me Brother...???

Blank filling coming up....

I am Tortugas/Richards older brother Tim...

If you look at my avatar you can see us both. He took time off work and traveled 1800(one way) miles to be Best Man at my wedding. I'm kinda fond of the guy.... 

We went to Huntington Beach East Congregation,  your dad is one of the few faces I remember from that time.

I remember Martin Johnson and his boys. A couple of other faces.

I remember the hour long talks and the 15 minute break when all us kids would run around the parking lot while our folks had a smoke break...

I might be able to recall more if prompted, I have some trouble calling up those old memories...probably need to get our older sister to chime in, I think she recalls the best....or she makes up the best stories at least. ..lol..

Edited by tekmantwo

16 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

If you look at my avatar you can see us both. He took time off work and traveled 1800(one way) miles to be Best Man at my wedding. I'm kinda fond of the guy.... 

We went to Huntington Beach East Congregation,  your dad is one of the few faces I remember from that time.

I remember the hour long talks and the 15 minute break when all us kids would run around the parking lot while our folks had a smoke break...

I might be able to recall more if prompted, I have some trouble calling up those old memories...probably need to get our older sister to chime in, I think she recalls the best....or she makes up the best stories at least. ..lol..

I'm older but don't make up stories so I'm probably not the one you're thinking of, but another thing I remember is that for many years we sat for the prayer and the songs ...then we began to stand for the prayer and also the songs as they were like a form of prayer .. 😊

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

20 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Sorry about being off topic. (Tim started it... haha...)

Okay, Tim, I remember your family very much. It is good when we meet friends we have not seen in many years to know they are still in the truth. PM me when you get a chance and we can share the memories like Richard and I did. :wave:

Now let's get back on topic...

Edited by Gary910

7 hours ago, Dove said:

I'm older but don't make up stories so I'm probably not the one you're thinking of, 

Oh no Sis, sorry, I wasn't meaning you; Tortuga and I have an older sister that is a member here, she just doesn't visit very often.  The 'making up stories' thing was just a poke at her....

She also started pioneering this month so she will have even less time to visit now...

3 hours ago, Gary910 said:

(Tim started it... haha...)

That suits me....I will neither confirm nor deny that I have or have not 'started things' in the past or present times...so there.:raspberry:

Gary, I will try and get Jodies attention tomorrow and maybe pick her brain a little. She may be able to help me remember a bit better. ..

On 9/14/2018 at 1:23 AM, tekmantwo said:

Oh no Sis, sorry, I wasn't meaning you; Tortuga and I have an older sister that is a member here, she just doesn't visit very often.  The 'making up stories' thing was just a poke at her....

She also started pioneering this month so she will have even less time to visit now...

I'm sorry too that I misunderstood. It's like years ago someone waved to me in the KH and I waved back, only they weren't waving to me but someone behind me..next time someone waved to me I didn't wave back and I got it wrong again..lol

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Wouldn't you love to be there when Cain and Abel see each other for the first time after they are resurrected?
or..
David and Goliath? (will the resurrected Goliath be shorter?) 
David and Uriah? (I think that should be a private meeting)
Moses and Charlton Heston? :lol:

What Resurrection Reunions would you like to see?

Every last one! Is that too general? Could be but i just want to be there!

Voni in NC

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

• 2 months later...

I just watched a movie about Vincent Van Gogh, the poor guy. He was friends with Paul Guaguan. I think it would be wonderful to see them reunited and resume their art...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 9:15 PM, Tortuga said:

I just watched a movie about Vincent Van Gogh, the poor guy. He was friends with Paul Guaguan. I think it would be wonderful to see them reunited and resume their art...

In our terrritory there is a gassy knoll. A few years back a painter bought the property. In May, if it was dry enough, he would mow the hill side which faced HWY 20. The first year he painter a large Mona Lisa on the hillside, probably 75 feet in height. It presented a traffic hazard and ODOT had to post both sidess of the HWY "NO STOPPING OR PARKING". I liked  it, gave Newport a little class.

The next year he did a Guagan, again a very classy job, again the signs went up. The almost unbelievable thing took place among the local JWs, it was obscene, some told their children not to look. It was with rejoicing when the artist that gave us the the paintings had to sell out because off the economy. I miss his art. These were the two images. Image result for Paul Gauguin images

Image result for mona lisa images

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.