JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How to fix my buzzing headset

Thanks brother Chuck. I have a wired headset it has two plug-ins, one for microphone and another for speaker. I tried plugging-in my earphones and trying to hear my voice in audacity and its buzzing. I tried noisegator. I have a concern that it could be a hardware problem because when i plug-in the headset to microphone-microphone and speaker-speaker, it doesn't work. It works as microphone-speaker, speaker-microphone in regards to the plug-in names in laptop to where to connect it. But it works fine, its just buzzing so clearly when I record :) 

Edited by rlyem

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

I have found that noise in wired headphones or speakers is usually caused by a bad ground connection. Unfortunately to test that you would have to disassemble the connector/plug and examine the wire connectors. I know that is hard to do with it encased in rubber. So you may find just replacing the plugs easier. Or return them if you still can.

This is just my thoughts, others may have a different solution.

try to uninstall drivers and reapply any latest newest drivers.

audio drivers

network card drivers

intel has a utility tool that you can download and install and intel drivers it will do automaticly.

your website has the latest ones for your rig....assuming desktop.

other then that hardware issues

1) try a different headset see if it does same thing.

2) could be the plug in ports being loose in some way.

all i got for ya.

I'm assuming PC by the way....

4 minutes ago, rlyem said:

Freaking awesome brother Richard! It works!!!!! I try uninstall and installing when my headset is plug-in! Thank you very much :) 

My dear young Sister,  you crack me up, I literally laughed out loud when I read this....

Love ya Sis, don't ever change ---

Oh, congrats on getting it fixed....