JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Naked Jehovah's Witnesses Kidnap

This is bizarre.   I don't know all the ends and outs of it  but it shows the demons are active.    They had extraordinary strength.    Interesting .    People are always ready to think we are odd anyways.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/naked-jehovah-witnesses-apos-kidnapped-142444718.html?soc_src=newsroom&soc_trk=com.apple.UIKit.activity.Message&.tsrc=newsroom

There is a year old thread on this. If I remember right, they unknowingly drank some hallucinogenic tea.  An accident with very dire consequences.

They took their clothes off because one of the side effects was that they felt like they were burning up from the heat.

Moral of this story: Never put a gift tea in your mouth.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The article seems to fail to mention the tea they were gifted...

Yah.  Kind of a MAJOR omission.

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Spellwreck

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 9/27/2018 at 1:54 PM, Tortuga said:

The article seems to fail to mention the tea they were gifted...

On 9/27/2018 at 5:42 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Yah.  Kind of a MAJOR omission.

On 9/27/2018 at 8:00 PM, anniebea said:

Yes we had a long discussion on this roughly a year ago,  much of the news report  was blown completely out of proportion...

Surprise, surprise. Bet apostates love that, it's something they'd use against us.

What I don't get though, is where their "super strength" came from, did demons actually take advantage of their vulnerble mental state? Unless being high on something can do that? (People with mental ailments have been said to have similar happen, a woman we know once had a psychotic breakdown and broke someone's sofa in half).

Edited by EccentricM

”One of the explanations for the incident, as floated by the father of one of the kidnappers, was that the group had accidentally drunk a type of psychedelic tea that caused a trip so intense they stripped naked and committed a kidnapping. But, according to court documents obtained by The Canadian Press, that’s not the case. Instead, the agreed statement of facts shows that this may have been caused more so by some good ol' fashioned religious fervor than some killer shrooms.”

Naked Jehovah’s Witnesses Thought the World Was Ending and Kidnapped People (Vice)

I wonder what happens to your brain when a whole little group can fall for this, when it’s not even something encouraged by the GB or the congregation?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

30 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

”One of the explanations for the incident, as floated by the father of one of the kidnappers, was that the group had accidentally drunk a type of psychedelic tea that caused a trip so intense they stripped naked and committed a kidnapping. But, according to court documents obtained by The Canadian Press, that’s not the case. Instead, the agreed statement of facts shows that this may have been caused more so by some good ol' fashioned religious fervor than some killer shrooms.”

I don't buy it.

If it was just "religious fervor", what part of our doctrine says we have to kidnap people and strip naked? Clearly when you look at each detail, they were out of their minds, no matter the cause.

I don't buy it.

If it was just "religious fervor", what part of our doctrine says we have to kidnap people and strip naked? Clearly when you look at each detail, they were out of their minds, no matter the cause.

Yes, no doubt something else was involved. Maybe not involuntary intake of drugs, though.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 9/27/2018 at 9:47 AM, Dages said:

Do you have source on the tea ? ^^ I want to share this story.

I really hope you decide to not share the story. I'm sure all of us find this very embarrassing and would prefer that it isn't spread around. No matter what the facts are someone will undoubtedly use it to embarrass the organization and dishonor Jehovah. 

I find it embarrassing that is is being discussed in a publicly visible forum..

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D