JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your favorite hard liquor?

Has anyone tried the Buttered Popcorn vodka? Are sales rep said to mis a shot with Coke and it tastes like carmel popcorn, I tried it and it tasted just like you are at the moves and eating popcorn and drinking a coke.Not carmel popcorn but still enjyable. I thought it woulb be terrible but not bad at all.

Ok, now that sounds really yummy...I may have to get some for Musky...he thought it sounded really delicious too. Unfortunately we have a 'Beverages and More' just a few blocks from us so it would just be too convenient for us to get it. LOL

My cousin took me to a "Bev Mo" when I visited her a couple of years ago I wish we had one here in washington. I tried talking them in into opening one here you guys got all the cool stuff!! (tu)

opps ! looks like I did it again I see a subject that looks interesting and start reading and before you know it I've replied to a thousand yr old post.

Guess I need to start looking at the dates. At least I caught it myself this time.I think I'm tired and will call it a night :yawning:

me too

Just found this thread.

My son collects Johnnie walkers I personally don't like blends apparently they are discontinuing their green and gold label.

My favourite single malt is Laphroaig it is really peaty and smokey

recently my son bought me a 21 year old Glenfiddich (He got it duty free 70% off )usually I don't like Glenfiddich but I did this one alot going on Leathery toffee and bananas and warm okay really weird you get a fruity taste first then this toffee smokey leathery armchair taste. Smell has so much to do with the way we taste things.

I also like absinthe it is amazing how the taste changes from when you have it neat or when you have it traditional with the burnt sugar and water.

Has anyone tried the Van Gogh brand I've only tried the Doubbs and red and green fairy. because it is so strong and I love the taste I usually have just a dash in a brut de brut champagne.

would anyone like a really good recipe for Salmon with a vanilla glaze it might not sound good but it is divine

the only one of the ones you mentioned that I've tried is Johnnie walker black I got that and crown royal black at the duty free when I went to Canada last week. I like them both a lot I also like to come up with new concoctions of my own. the salmon with vanilla glaze sounds interesting I'd like to try it. I am always up for trying something new and different. I'm always experimenting (makes me feel like a real chef) LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rosemary I love experimenting too.

The salmon recipe is so easy you get a bunch of chives cut them up small then put masses amounts of butter over the salmon with the chives (it is not that fattening because you take the salmon out of the butter and it doesn't really absorb into it) ,then about half a cup of lemon juice maybe more it just depends on how much Salmon you are doing.

put it in an oven proof dish with alfoil over it .......bake it at about 160-180 oh you guys have Fahrenheit don't you?

mm its heaps late and I 'm too lazy to look it up and I don't know the conversion off the top of my head anyway a slow to medium oven because salmon usually has thick bits and skinny bits after about 8-10 min I put the skinny bits on top of the fat bits and move things around some what.

after 5 min I check it again I tend to like things a bit on the raw side so when its done to your liking take it out of the melted butter then pour the vanilla glaze over it.

Vanilla glaze

I experiment a bit with this, to make it how I like it to taste 'cause everyone is different.

You get a vanilla bean scrap it and put it in a saucepan the whole bean if you haven't a vanilla pod vanilla extract will do but isn't as good.

about 4-6 tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar about the same with white wine vinegar or a dry cooking wine about 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar and about 1/4 -1/2of a cup of water and a few squeezes of a lemon bring it to the boil then simmer very low for about 5-7 min. its that easy

I am always tasting and adding different quantities or different things I have used a red wine vinegar but I don't think it is as good as the white. Some people like using half caster sugar half brown sugar it is all about taste and the way you like it.

enjoy:chef:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You're so right Leslie cooking with wine, beer, hard liquor is awesome. I also like to bake with all of them too. My favorite used to be Johhny Walker Black straight w/beer chasers but that was ...old life. Now I like Captain Morgan spiced rum but because of price I had to demot to Admiral Nelson haha. My new thing since summer of 2012 is drinking my homemade beet wine. Could use alittle more depth but hey I think it's about 13% alc and it cheap for me!

If you mean Johnny walker green label no its not top of the line it goes like this

Johnny walker red ;;then Black ;;then double black ;; then there was this limited addition of Johnny Walker Black xxx then it was the Green label then gold then platinum then blue then it gets ridiculously expensive King George v blue and a few others in Crystal decanters one of blends at 6 figure prices.

Personally i don't care much for blends i like single malts from the island of syke I love the smokey peat

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A new favorite: Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey They put honey into Whisky It is my favorite whisky now, I used to like Makers Mark. Luana

Jack Daniels Toasted Caramel! OMGoodness! Best ever! Liquor store said they can't keep it in stock.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

154837=8523-image.jpg Home made ginger brandy.

I love the pic of your Brandy and especially the home canned goods in the back ground. Looks like my house! Do you share the recipe of the Brandy, hmmm??

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My best is a bottle of Pure Malt Whisky.

The best bit is always at the bottom of the bottle,

The good bit is getting there.................

The result A Very Spiritual person.

Next bottle please.