JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your favorite hard liquor?

My dad told me that he and my mom were courting that he would write letters to her. He would explain what a good time he and Jim Beam were having on the base. My mom never knew that Jim Beam was sour mash until my dad came home from Korea. Until he came into the truth all of our lamps were made of 1/2 gallon bottles of Jim Beam. I still remember the one I had in my bedroom, we had four of them in the den. It makes me laugh now but it wasn't a good time for us back then. He spent more time with Jim than with us. I am glad that Jehovah changed him.

I used to like vodka and also Mailbu. Then there was a shot of rye wiskey in a glass of sweet Root Beer like Hires or A&W--tasted like real home-made root beer only without the yeast taste and the hard work. My stomach started protesting and am now alcohol intolerant. Never drank much-was after the flavour not the effect.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

My husband has been sober the btter part of 25 years but after I read him your post Michael he is considering trying it! He is thinning on top now and is really vain about loosing the hair. Thanks for the chuckle...

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Oh, best flavor is root beer schnapps -- with vanilla ice cream and soda. An ADULT root beer float! Tastes great in the summer. :drink:

I tried a schnapps called "hot dam" not sure exactly what flavor it was but I did like it. This ADULT rootbeer float sounds good too.

I love Disaronno! When not in the mood for sweet, I love it with some sour mix too! Most mixed drinks I have mixed with Gin above all other hard liquors. Rum..... ugh..... cannot even smell it w/out wanting to hurl..... we had a great time once but the love affair was short lived, to be replaced by the cold, white porcelain bowl....., my BFF for the night! lololololololol!

Hi Leslie :wave: How have you been ??? Yeah, I hear "Mountain Dew" actually works better than Rogaine.

Did you see the infomercial out a few years ago ? Seems some guys came out with spray paint for the "shiney top" and receding hairlines...:lol1:

I like it on the rocks with a generous spritz of lemon juice, and sometimes a bit of cranberry juice...yummers!

I love Disaronno! When not in the mood for sweet, I love it with some sour mix too! Most mixed drinks I have mixed with Gin above all other hard liquors. Rum..... ugh..... cannot even smell it w/out wanting to hurl..... we had a great time once but the love affair was short lived, to be replaced by the cold, white porcelain bowl....., my BFF for the night! lololololololol!

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I looooove disaranno and coke its lovely. Tastes a bit like cherry almond.

I have to say my fav drink is whiskey, but I don't drink it all that much. alcohol is very expensive in england. Not sure how much it is where you guys are, but a bottle of whickey here is anywhere from £15 - £50

I love glenfiddich, I'm not keen on jack daniels though too syrupy. Sorry but scotch and irish whiskeys only for me :notworthy:

Ah! There's nothing to beat a good single-malt Scotch whiskey.

An elder in our congregation (now sadly awaiting resurrection) used to keep a bottle of a very fine single-malt and he would share a dram with me every fortnight when my wife and I went to his home to watch football on TV! (In between weeks he came to our house.)

He would really savour it.

I miss him very much.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have favorite liquor. I've abstained from all alcoholic drinks. What I normally take is a non alcoholic drink called bitter kola. Is very nice for me, and get me going through out the day.

I admire your stand Bro. Its not easy ..I have been discovering a few non alcoholic drinks. they seem more refreshing...I discovered verjuice.

which is when the grapes are ripe and the firstly picked they are not fermented but make a great drink no alcohol you can use this as a marinade for your meat or salad dressing or a drink with mineral or soda water with lime or lemons and ice and mint whatever you have available and is refreshing chilled on a hot scorching summer's day.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 2 months later...

me too

Just found this thread.

My son collects Johnnie walkers I personally don't like blends apparently they are discontinuing their green and gold label.

My favourite single malt is Laphroaig it is really peaty and smokey

recently my son bought me a 21 year old Glenfiddich (He got it duty free 70% off )usually I don't like Glenfiddich but I did this one alot going on Leathery toffee and bananas and warm okay really weird you get a fruity taste first then this toffee smokey leathery armchair taste. Smell has so much to do with the way we taste things.

I also like absinthe it is amazing how the taste changes from when you have it neat or when you have it traditional with the burnt sugar and water.

Has anyone tried the Van Gogh brand I've only tried the Doubbs and red and green fairy. because it is so strong and I love the taste I usually have just a dash in a brut de brut champagne.

would anyone like a really good recipe for Salmon with a vanilla glaze it might not sound good but it is divine

I agree there is definitely something about rum we visited a Rum factory in Bundeberg.

The smell sweet sickly sugar cane. It was like being dipped in Molasses. It made you sick without even drinking it. I was ok but several people had to walk out.

Has anyone tried a Sambucca called Tora it is in a square bottle and the most beautiful pale green.

we can't buy it here anymore in Australia. It is soooooo smooth, full favoured personally I think it is the Rolls Royce of Sambuccas.

There is an Italian liqueur the sugar forms a tree in the bottle. Does anyone know what it is called and if you can buy it on line.

Has anyone tried the Buttered Popcorn vodka? Are sales rep said to mis a shot with Coke and it tastes like carmel popcorn, I tried it and it tasted just like you are at the moves and eating popcorn and drinking a coke.Not carmel popcorn but still enjyable. I thought it woulb be terrible but not bad at all.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Has anyone tried the Buttered Popcorn vodka? Are sales rep said to mis a shot with Coke and it tastes like carmel popcorn, I tried it and it tasted just like you are at the moves and eating popcorn and drinking a coke.Not carmel popcorn but still enjyable. I thought it woulb be terrible but not bad at all.

Ok, now that sounds really yummy...I may have to get some for Musky...he thought it sounded really delicious too. Unfortunately we have a 'Beverages and More' just a few blocks from us so it would just be too convenient for us to get it. LOL

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D