JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your favorite hard liquor?

Absinthe :tongue::taz:

Absinthe has been portrayed as a dangerously addictive psychoactive drug.[7] The chemical thujone, present in small quantities, was blamed for its alleged harmful effects. By 1915, absinthe had been banned in the United States and in most European countries including France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland and the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Although absinthe was vilified, it has not been shown that it is any more dangerous than ordinary spirits. Its psychoactive properties, apart from those of alcohol, have been much exaggerated.[7]

71254=3962-Disaronno.jpg : This is AWESOME!!! Good in coffee and hot chocolate too.

Never tried it, what is it like?...one of them syrupy type drinks?... in my misguided youth my preferences were for no nonsense kind of drinks....Jack Daniels, straight, Cuervo, no lime.. may have drove a bus or two------:whistling::blushing:

Moonshine straight from the still...puts hair on your head, and makes a Nascar driver out of you...;)

That is how Nascar got started. Hillbillies would race the backroads to get away from the cops.

Am I the only one here that dislikes Nascar? I could never understand it... Going in circles... Only left turns... How do you confuse a Nascar driver? Turn right. LOL

Moonshine straight from the still...puts hair on your head, and makes a Nascar driver out of you...;)

That is how Nascar got started. Hillbillies would race the backroads to get away from the cops.

Am I the only one here that dislikes Nascar? I could never understand it... Going in circles... Only left turns... How do you confuse a Nascar driver? Turn right. LOL

Appalachian "mountain dew", right Michael? ;)

This reminds me to stock up on "Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon"... :P

HAH :lol1: I could never understand it neither, bunch of clean-shaven Hillbillies sippin Everclear driving around in circles. Guess everyone just watches for the horrendous wrecks. But drag racing muscle cars, crotch rockets, Hydroplanes, and free flying dirt-bikes, YEAH

We have a bottle of Disarono and Tequila for when the friends visit. A visiting speaker and his wife were over for dinner and made the meanest margaritas from scratch for the girls, turns out he used to be a bartender in Acapulco in his worldly days.:secret:

If you ever go down to Mexico pick-up a bottle of Reserva del Senor Almendrado, it's the Mexican version of Disaronna, the wife rarely sips, but when she does, this is what she likes, personally I prefer Corona with or without limones. :D

Hey Gary you're not supposed to know about those "things". Now we know what Jerry has been up to when he sneaks out to sip his favorite "Mountain Dew". Must be the Las Vegas variety.:infatuated:

Hey Gary you're not supposed to know about those "things". Now we know what Jerry has been up to when he sneaks out to sip his favorite "Mountain Dew". Must be the Las Vegas variety.:infatuated:

Haha! Jerry! ... I kind of figured him to be a "sake" type of guy, but you're probably right... ;)

Mmmm, love my Mountain Dew :drink: hickup :secret:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Disaronno is excellent. I can keep it in the freezer and it does not freeze, and then serve it straight in a glass with some ice. It is the only amaretto that I can drink like this.

Of course, at nearly $20 a bottle it better be good. What I though was amaretto that I was buying for $6.00 per bottle I wont even buy anymore.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I love to cook with wine, beer and liqour. I make a Black Jack BBQ sauce (Jack Daniels and blackberries) then there is a hard whiskey sauce for a bread pudding, wine used in Marinara Sauce or a Vodka Sauce for pasta... I enjoy guniness stout for a really good roast beef gravy and a chocolate cake. I like to cook with all things better than drink it!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I love to cook with wine, beer and liqour. I make a Black Jack BBQ sauce (Jack Daniels and blackberries) then there is a hard whiskey sauce for a bread pudding, wine used in Marinara Sauce or a Vodka Sauce for pasta... I enjoy guniness stout for a really good roast beef gravy and a chocolate cake. I like to cook with all things better than drink it!

Recipes please?!?!?!?! Sounds so good!!! I might have to post my specialty here some day... Chicken Tortilla Soup.... Mmmmm......

I love to cook with wine, beer and liquor. I make a Black Jack BBQ sauce (Jack Daniels and blackberries) then there is a hard whiskey sauce for a bread pudding, wine used in Marinara Sauce or a Vodka Sauce for pasta... I enjoy guinness stout for a really good roast beef gravy and a chocolate cake. I like to cook with all things better than drink it!

There are great recipes using alcoholic drinks in cooking. Some use cheap wine ('cooking wine'?) but I heard a chef say, if you wouldn't drink it then don't cook with it. The flavours work great in many foods (and the alcohol may well evaporate at cooking temperatures!)

We are having a dessert of pears poached in red wine on Saturday when some friends visit.

As for a 'tipple', when I can afford it I love a dram of well-aged single malt Scotch whiskey.

I can't wait until the new system!! Our body will have a MUCH better metabolism so we will be able to process the alcohol a lot faster than we can now. Some of these recipes/ideas, trust me I couldn't wait until the next night. I would want it all........

RIGHT NOW!!!!!

I can't wait until the new system!! Our body will have a MUCH better metabolism so we will be able to process the alcohol a lot faster than we can now. Some of these recipes/ideas, trust me I couldn't wait until the next night. I would want it all........

RIGHT NOW!!!!!

"What do you look forward to in the new system?"

Micah: "Drinking!"

LOL!

I know 2 brothers who had major alcohol problems, went through AA meetings for years, and are now okay... but not a drop! They each say they can no longer have any alcohol on this side of armageddon.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Interesting. My husband is a recovering alcoholic of 25 years. Has developed a deathly allergy to it in fact. He use to say that different alcohols affected him different ways. Me, never having drank before, thought this sounded pecuilar. I thought alcohol was alcohol. I worked in a rehab center and heard various doctors say as much But when we moved to LA and I worked in treatment hospitals I heard two doctors argue that point saying that different alcohols affected your brain centers differently. Now after observing this I believe this to be true. I have also heard our customers say things like "I only drink beer. Whiskey makes me crazy" or

Tequila makes me want to fight". My husband alwasy looked stone cold sober when he was anked. Not once did he ever look intoxicated UNTIL he tried to quit drinking then the DT's and lack of alcohol would start sending him over the edge. He was quite ab accompolished drinker in his day-- 2 cases of beer. He now drinks two cses of diet Coke. The habit is still there in a fierce way but the drink as changed and I thank Jehovah for that.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Disaronno is excellent. I can keep it in the freezer and it does not freeze' date=' and then serve it straight in a glass with some ice. It is the only amaretto that I can drink like this.[/quote'] Just some interesting points... :drink: Water freezes at 0°C (32°F) and the freezing point of ethanol alcohol is -114°C (-173.2°F). Alcoholic beverages are a mixture of both alcohol and water (with sugars and other additives in some distilled spirits) so the freezing point of all of you alcoholic beverages is somewhere in between. The exact freezing point of vodka, gin, tequila, rum, whiskey and the myriad of liqueurs is dependent on its proof, or alcohol per volume. The lower the proof, the warmer the freezing point: the higher the proof, the colder the freezing point. For example: 24 proof liquor freezes at -6.7°C (20°F) 64 proof liquor freezes at -23.33°C (-10°F) 84 proof liquor freezes at -34.44°C (-30°F) These freezing points are much colder than the average home freezer will reach, so chilling a bottle in the freezer should not freeze the liquor inside. However, your freezer could get cold enough to freeze low proof liqueurs, beer and malt beverages. These low proof beverages will get slushy, and eventually freeze, if left in the freezer for too long and can explode leaving a big, frozen mess if it gets too cold.

71775=4006-AMARO RAMAZZOTTI.jpg I also like a lot Amaro Ramazzotti?

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.”