JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Disaster Relief - Panhandle -Gulf Coast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1970 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Had privilege of hearing Special Talk today in the disaster area.

Marianna - Panama City - Mexico Beach - Chipley

Br Raines from US branch and Bros Fien and Kibbler from DRCommitte and 2 local Circuit Overseers.

walked away with the idea that th GB really loves our brothers.....is highly interested in their welfare....and have assigned many, many resources (people, finances and equipment) to care for their needs

also that they really have their fingers in the efforts

here in the panhandle and also in north and south California

They mentioned initial humanitarian relief 

Initial stabilization for approx 800 possibly even over 1000 since locals helped extensively

(completed most - have 271 left thru December 2018

and rebuild of approx 500 over the next many months afterward

sorry not allowed to post pics of the work going on or the houses of friends

but some seen driving around

tons of trees down - still cutting trees down for a few weeks

42C2EF5C-659B-4388-9752-1DFBEC1DFF15.jpeg

1AF9B9D0-E0C9-4D70-A0DB-3D20A94646E8.jpeg

AB14DD55-E99B-4CAB-8BEE-BCA02A6B3FCB.jpeg

2 hours ago, DarinS said:

Br Raines from US branch

I met Br Raines a few years ago, he is extremely nice. I met an older brother once that told me how Br Raines stayed late one night to help the brother and his family get accommodations when there was a problem with their reservations.. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We had that talk this morning also. It was so encouraging and you could just feel the love the GB has for us and of course Jehovah's love. If any were not sure that we have the truth after hearing that talk, there is something wrong with them.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

35 minutes ago, Doug said:

Today I told the Secretary that I have housing available for the friends affected by the Camp Fire.

Does anyone here know who is overseeing the relief efforts in N. California?

Last year after the fire in Santa Rosa the Disaster Relief contacted local congregations to arrange for temporary housing. If your BOE hasn't been contacted then I'd assume they don't need any housing in your area.

It's very kind of you to offer...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

56 minutes ago, Doug said:

Today I told the Secretary that I have housing available for the friends affected by the Camp Fire.

Br Raines said he and 2 brothers were told to send the love and concern directly from GB member to the local friends.....

the other 2 brothers were headed to Cali

a northern DRC and a southern DRC

but he only gave specifics about the damage and those that would need help 

and the fires ...sorry forgetful which one had detroyed 50 homes of our brothers

and 1 who lost his life

he did not share any details of location or such —sry

4 hours ago, GrumpysWife said:

We had that talk this morning also. It was so encouraging and you could just feel the love the GB has for us and of course Jehovah's love. If any were not sure that we have the truth after hearing that talk, there is something wrong with them.

It was very upbuilding

and the 1 hour 40 minutes flew right by

i think he said 90 congregations were getting this meeting today

Are you near marianna?

14 hours ago, GrumpysWife said:

Yes, we live about 40 miles Southwest of Marianna.

We’ve worked Blountstown to Youngstown and North into Alabama

west into Tallahassee 

havent made to PC yet but many are sleeping down there

C U Soon........maybe

On 11/18/2018 at 6:49 PM, Doug said:

I was told by my COBE that our Congregation hasn't been called on for that but that I am now on a list....:cowboy:

I told him that I was probably on several lists.

He just laughed and said that wouldn't surprise him any.....

I wonder what he meant by that?:whistling:

A few more non-witness homes in the area - should give an idea of the destruction ....

When I see all these ....I start thinking of the time of the end and the destruction Jehovah will bring to those “mighty governments” and I’m glad I’m on his team.....

31B3CE4C-8DF8-4608-9551-2E0E0CBFF4AE.jpeg

52C79984-4C12-4E8A-B6A2-1529031EDAA2.jpeg