JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A chance to witness

On an earlier thread, I mentioned that I was doing some research on my (unbelieving) husb's (and my sons' ) African lines through maternal grandmother (who was one of our spiritual sisters.) On the front page of an info pack, I made a spread sheet to do a straight line search through to their African lines (9 generations). My husb's nephew came to visit, and the first thing I told him was that I had researched these lines  b/c his great grandmother was one of Jehovah's Witnesses, like myself. This nephew said he learned more about his family in a few hours, than in his entire life.

Then, husb asked me to make a genealogy pack for his cousin's grandchildren. This cousin was once a P.O. but had become inactive over the years.  I wrote in a memo on the spread sheet that said,  "To whomever is reading this, I became interested in  Grandma ____________'s family line, because like myself, she was one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and I hope to see her in the future.  John 5:28,29." I did not know if husb's cousins' grandchildren were in the truth or not. 

Husb's cousin called me today and said he loved the stuff and is just getting to read through it. He has shared it with other non-witness cousins, who would like to speak with me b/c  I have some info that no one else ever found. He is making copies. Some he is sending out. His two grandchildren ARE pioneers and attending foreign language conventions this summer. When he came here before, he did not attend meetings; when we were in his home cong, a few months ago, he also did not attend meetings. He told me today that when his relatives are in a foreign language convention (France, I think), he will come and visit and WILL definitely attend meetings. I'm glad I put that memo on the front page and that he is sharing it with others. 

P.S. My husb went to last Thursday's meeting as well as Sunday's meeting. He has quit smoking after 62 years and has restarted his study. He hadn't told me that, but an elder mentioned it to me (not realizing I am the last to know anything.)  He also answered at the Watchtower meeting and told me he is already preparing his answer for next Watchtower meeting.