JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

This Is Kind Of Cool

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4491 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I read this today, and I thought how cool it was. Here man dumped broken glass on a beach, and many years later, the water and sand have softened the glass and it is beautiful now. Really shows how well the earth is made, even when man tries to ruin something, Jehovah has promised Ec 1:4, the earth will stand to time indefinite.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2083862/What-dump-A-beach-used-covered-trash-covered-sea-glass-waves-turned-garbage-natural-art.html

Very Cool ! Thanks for sharing >:D<

What I loved about this is it just shows that Jehovah's creation, wind and rain and sand, all turned man's garbage into something beautiful. Just proves that no matter what man does to the earth, Jehovah can make it beautiful again.

Thanks for sharing Ava. The earth really can restore itself very well. In fact I remember seeing a show on History channel I think that was about what would happen to earth's buildings and infrastructure if mankind suddenly disappeared. In every scenario within a few hundred years even heavily urbanized areas revert to wilderness.

So cleaning up the earth is almost as easy as 'stop messing it up'!

Thanks for sharing Ava. The earth really can restore itself very well. In fact I remember seeing a show on History channel I think that was about what would happen to earth's buildings and infrastructure if mankind suddenly disappeared. In every scenario within a few hundred years even heavily urbanized areas revert to wilderness.

So cleaning up the earth is almost as easy as 'stop messing it up'!

I remember that show, my husband and I watched it.

If I remember correctly, over time, the land grew up on the buildings, grass, flowers, etc, and you couldn't see the buildings anymore.

I remember when Mt. St Helens exploded in Washington State and it destroyed all that wilderness. 20 yrs after it happened, there was a tv show about the changes, and it was incredible how the grass, trees, flowers found a way to grow again. Granted, it wasn't like it was before the volcano, but the signs of life after the volcano were incredible.

That beach is amazingly pretty! Thanks for that article.

I read that beach glass has become collectable and is made into jewellery, so much so that it is being made artificially in tumblers but it is never as good as the "natural" beach tumbled glass.

Thanks for sharing Ava. The earth really can restore itself very well. In fact I remember seeing a show on History channel I think that was about what would happen to earth's buildings and infrastructure if mankind suddenly disappeared. In every scenario within a few hundred years even heavily urbanized areas revert to wilderness. So cleaning up the earth is almost as easy as 'stop messing it up'!
Yes it was a complete series called 'Life After People'.I have 10 episodes on a 3Disc box set. Amazing CGI showing how things break down after different lengths of years with scientific commentary. Glass is a fairly natural product,just applying heat to a few basic elements. In fact it happens in nature when lightening hits sand which heats up, melts and fuses together and makes fulgarites:

74518=4161-fulgarite2.jpg In the nineteenth century glass-makers would have lots of bits of different coloured glass left-over, so they used to heat it all up and make pretty objects out of the swirls of mixed coloured glass left-overs. they are called 'end-of -day glass' in antique circles:

74518=4162-endofdayglass.jpg The recyclable nature of glass would mean that anyone with an artistic talent could collect some of the coloured bits off the beach and re-create some useful objects with them if they wished.