JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who's Ya Daddy?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1547 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

So is that why everyone calls them Father? :popcorn:

Sad, but true. If you read the story, Nuns also parented children. My grandfather was a painter of monasteries and convents. When I was young I expressed a desire to become a Nun.  My grandfather never spoke directly to us, except to say things like, "You make a better door than a window." This time he took me aside and spoke to me, "No, you don't want to be a Nun, They've all had problems with men, and you don't know what I've seen." 

Edited by kejedo

I had a recovering monk working with me as a substance abuse counselor. He said that, at the monastery, he always had access to a car, booze, and being a monk was a chick magnet . Then he got another monk hired (the monastery was in Peterborough NH, I think). This person was always late for work b/c he said he couldn't remember that if work started at 8:30, you had to get up before that. He had been accustomed to having ready alcohol, auto use, and it took him 5 minutes to get anywhere. He gave a talk (not through our agency) about  sexuality. Then after a very short stint, he moved back into the monastery. The one who stayed working with the drug treatment center invited, what I thought was the staff, for a meal at his house. There was a big bible opened on a wooden stand. Then I realized I was the only one invited and he was hitting on me. I got an immediate headache and left pronto.  He also ran for public office and lost. (This was before I came into the truth), and he caused a great deal of problems for the counseling center. I was impressionable and this all left a negative impression.

Y (Having Nun of It) S

One of my mother's cousins was fathered by an Irish priest.  My mother is African and this cousin had a black mother and a white irish priest as a father.   The child looked completly white and had a hard time poor thing.  She eventually migrated to Ireland. I once asked my mother if in her village all the girls were raped by the priests, she said she didn't know but that all her friends had been, it was almost universal.  Those nasty men ran the schools and took any pretty girl they  wanted.  I will not tell my mother's story for it is not mine to tell, but as you can imagine I'm afraid I cannot look at an Irish Priest without feeling sick to my stomach (not metaphorically, literally).  This was in the villages 60 years ago.  Yes the Catholic ran institutions in the west are now telling their stories but who is there to tell the story of all those hundreds, thousands  of girls (and boys) in Africa, Asia? South America, in the orphanages,  schools and collages, in the villages before the internet? ...  as for how many children have been fathered by Priests?    Who knows, but  I think it's fair to say it isn't "rare"! 

Edited by sunshine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/12/08/in-1960-she-went-to-confession-and-vanished-now-we-know-the-priest-murdered-her/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.51538b649828

2 attacks on women, one fine paid, failed polygraph, cold case-------------------Surprise! A priest got away with it for decades. 

23 year affair with a priest which produced at least three children. This man never left the priest-hood, and the woman is married now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/01/02/nyregion/in-person-for-the-love-of-a-priest.html

This is not really the bio I was looking for. A number of years ago, there was a tv docu about a woman who had an ongoing affair with a priest, and her children did not know which ones were fathered by him. It was a heartbreaking tale and I believe it led to a nervous break down for the mother in-love-with-the priest. He kept coming back and she was on an emotional ferris wheel. I believe she had passed away by the time of the filming and her children were trying to sort out which ones were sired by the padre. It seems she never revealed their paternity while she was alive. I believe the Catholic church made a cash settlement with the family and if I recall, the priest did not want to meet his offspring - So sad for the grown children filled with pain, unanswered questions, and paternal abandonment issues. 

• 10 months later...

My dad who passed away at 89, once told me why his parents never sent him to Catholic schools or parishes in Italy.  He said that there were tunnels underneath some of the churches and parishes, to the nun's part of the monastery.  These secret tunnels were used so that priests and bishops alike could sneak below ground and have sex with the nuns.  If hey couldn't get nun's, stolen children (orphans) were brought to them in secret.  They raped the daylights of these girls and boys too.   One tunnel was found to contain several thousands bones of babies that were aborted from one monastery to the parish church.  The nun's would abort and then kill the babies.   My grandparents were Catholic, but in name only.  My grandmother who I never met hated the catholic church.  The educated Italian, were not tricked by the lies of the monks, priest and so forth.  Not all, not my grandparents, my father's parents.  It makes me proud that they did not cave in to pressures.  My dad was home schooled by his mom who was teacher by trade.  At 16, my dad became an apprentice in a machine shop in Italy.  By 20, he was their head machinist.  After he married my mom had my oldest brother, and lived through the bombings, he moved to Canada, brought my mom and brother over, and later came into the US.   He became a citizen, and when he moved south on the East Coast, he got a job working for Nasa.  He built the Apollo XI that landed on the moon in June 1969.    I have pictures of the shell that he built of the Apollo XI.  And other satellites he built for Nasa.  Most of them have crash and of are no use, a few are still out there but not functioning.  Glad my grandmother never sent him to Catholic Schools in Italy.  False religion has to answer for all those precious lives they destroyed.