JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Let's See Some of Your HandyWork!

shali

7 minutes ago, Musky said:

Cute! But I think she looked better with the Borg implants. :)

Not the same dog.  This one is a different white dog.  So she is implant free! Of course, it does appear by the look on her face that she has been assimilated! She always has that blank, googly eyed look like most Borgs.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Took you long enough to come up with that one!  Honestly, I don't know if anything is going on inside that head of hers but she is very obedient, I'll give her that. She likes to lick fabric too, that is something we have in common (haha!)

Yeah, she's not big on wearing coats but when it's 50 below windchill here, she wears two coats and booties!  I had another dog that I dressed up all the time and she didn't seem to mind at all.  She looked adorable in whatever I made her.  Here's a pic of one of the coats I made my other dog. 

100_0445.JPG

Oh man, your skills are way beyond mine!  I have trouble keeping the yarn lose enough when change colors back and forth! Beautiful sweaters!  I used to make full blown sweaters many years ago but now it seems no one wants anything homemade.

5 minutes ago, Life4u said:

I'm with Annie, Shali, that's super cute!! So is your dog! I'd love to have one like that...little.  Did she cost much?

The dog with the coat that looks like a flower only weighed 3 pounds full grown (we took her almost everywhere we went) and in 1999 she cost us 900.00 (about 300.00 a pound!).  The one in the coat with the ears was a work "bonus"from one of my clients.  Although I never talked about having another dog, her husband gave her this one for her birthday and she didn't want a female (she wanted a male) so she gave her to me.  Originally I think the husband paid 500.00 for her. She maxed out at 5.5 pounds. I kept her long coat until she was seven and now we keep her in a puppy cut with a korean face cut.

i've found that the smaller they think the dog is going to be, the more they charge.

Edited by shali

15 minutes ago, anniebea said:

That's super cute Shali,  by the look of her face she doesn't look very impressed 😂

Everytime I try to put a coat on my dog she refuses to move a muscle! 

How long does it take for you to make a sweater like that?  Let's say you could work on it from beginning to end without putting your needles down - how long would it take you?

2 minutes ago, shali said:

The dog with the coat that looks like a flower only weighed 3 pounds full grown (we took her almost everywhere we went) and in 1999 she cost us 900.00 (about 300.00 a pound!).  The one in the coat with the ears was a work "bonus"from one of my clients.  Although I never talked about having another dog, her husband gave her this one for her birthday and she didn't want a female (she wanted a male) so she gave her to me.  Originally I think the husband paid 500.00 for her. She maxed out at 5.5 pounds.

I heard they cost in the thousands. They are so cute, I'd want to take it everywhere I'd go too but that wouldn't be possible. Are they sickly? I heard they can be and very expensive to care for? 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

4 minutes ago, shali said:

How long does it take for you to make a sweater like that?  Let's say you could work on it from beginning to end without putting your needles down - how long would it take you?

If I sit then I knit,  I also have several projects on the go... I'm not sure how long it would take hour wise,  time wise it takes me about 3 weeks I guess... just depends what else I've got on. 

Knitting has changed greatly Shali... everything is knitted in one piece from the bottom up or top down,  really easy! 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

7 minutes ago, Life4u said:

I heard they cost in the thousands. They are so cute, I'd want to take it everywhere I'd go too but that wouldn't be possible. Are they sickly? I heard they can be and very expensive to care for? 

The type of dog I've had for the last 25 years is called "Maltese".  None of them were ever sick.  They all had great teeth too.  The better food you feed your dog, the better health it will enjoy.  I only ever had health problems with them toward the end of their lives (they were all over 10 years old).  The dog I have now will be 8 soon and everyone thinks she is still a puppy because of her energy, looks and personality.  She is still very playful.  Maltese will do whatever YOU want to do when you want to do it.  If you just want to lay in bed all day, they will do that happily - if you want to play, they will play, etc. They are great lap dogs and love to be held and absolutely love to be with you wherever you go. 

Since you live in the US, I highly suggest you go on the Interest and type in "Maltese Rescue" and it will show sites that have Maltese dogs that have been rescued or given up for one reason or another that you can adopt and it's much cheaper!  They usually show pictures of the dogs and give their names and tell you a little about their personalities as well as how old they are and if they have health concerns.

Edited by shali

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 2:14 PM, anniebea said:

If I sit then I knit,  I also have several projects on the go... I'm not sure how long it would take hour wise,  time wise it takes me about 3 weeks I guess... just depends what else I've got on. 

Knitting has changed greatly Shali... everything is knitted in one piece from the bottom up or top down,  really easy! 

I know, the patterns are totally different now too (instruction wise- they go buy pictures/graphs instead of words). To pick up knitting again like I would like to I would have to totally rewire my brain.

Actually it's really easy,  I was taught to knit everything flat and then seam it together... 

I really love the new patterns,  most of them are written and don't use graphs unless it's colour work.. I open up all of my digital patterns (which most are these days) in a app on my tablet called knit companion... I love that I can save my place,  count rows,  use the cross hair sliders. .. everything is so easy. 

I think the very first sweater that I knit in the round was the Flax sweater which is a pattern by Tin Can Knits,  simple and easy to follow 😊

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, anniebea said:

Finished! Just blocking it now... I'm really looking forward to wearing it. 

Pattern is Skógafjall by Dianna Walla using Léttlopi yarn 

20190316_131032.jpg

It's so professional looking..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 3 weeks later...

I made some scarves for my four sons (ages 11, 9, 7, and 4). I let each of them choose the color for their scarf and then I came up with a different stitch for each so they all had a unique item. It had been a while since I'd crocheted but it's a forgiving craft once you get the hang of it (at least with scarves lol).

index6.jpg

index4.jpg

index2.jpg

index3.jpg