JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Show Me What You're Working On

Marigold

Hello Everyone, What are you currently creating? Socks were the first thing I learned how to knit, and still my favorite thing to make. They are small enough to carry with me when I'm out, not that I'm out much these days. And they knit up fast so I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something when I make them, as opposed to the giant knitted blanket that's been relegated to my UFO pile (What was I thinking) The yarn I bartered for with my sister who also knits but always finds a way to get me to finish her projects for her. Let's see what you're working on, and the story behind it. 😊

20201219_181030(1).jpg

I love your yarn Erica! What make is it?

I've just bought some more Regia and treated myself to some new Lyke DPN's I love knitting socks because they're so mobile too carry around on journeys and to do a few rounds whenever you get the chance. 

At the moment I'm knitting the Haust cardigan by Dora Stephenson on Ravelry... I'm currently stuck on sleeve island, I'm using my favourite Plötulopi 

I'll take a photo in daylight tomorrow

Edited by Anniebea

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

11 minutes ago, Anniebea said:

I love your yarn Erica! What make is it?

I've just bought some more Regia and treated myself to some new Lyke DPN's I love knitting socks because they're so mobile too carry around on journeys and to do a few rounds whenever you get the chance. 

At the moment I'm knitting the Haust cardigan by Dora Stephenson on Ravelry... I'm currently stuck on sleeve island, I'm using my favourite Plötulopi 

I'll take a photo in daylight tomorrow

This is Patons Kroy Socks yarn, 75% wool and 25% nylon, I promised myself I wasn't going to buy any more yarn and try busting my stash, but some how I ended up with half of my sisters stash, and several new skeins of sock yarn. 😆

Ooh they look great. I just looked up the Haust cardigan, it’s beautiful. And love those colourful socks, I’ve never done socks before (other than little ones for a baby) so will definitely have to give that a try someday soon. 

I’m quite new to knitting. I did a few things for my babies, but this is the first time making something for me. I’m making the rananculus jumper by Midori Hirose on ravelry. It’s so simple and was fun to knit, but now I’m on the sleeves so it’s taking foreeeeeever. This is how far I’ve gotten....

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Anniebea said:

I know those vague promises of no more adding to my stash 😄 the yarn looks beautiful, I've never seen it before..

My sleeve island.. using Plötulopi yarn cake 

20201220_104715.jpg

It's coming along great. I only knitted a sweater once,the process is daunting to me. You're more of an advanced knitted than me,you know steeping. That terrifies  me  😂

58 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

Ooh they look great. I just looked up the Haust cardigan, it’s beautiful. And love those colourful socks, I’ve never done socks before (other than little ones for a baby) so will definitely have to give that a try someday soon. 

I’m quite new to knitting. I did a few things for my babies, but this is the first time making something for me. I’m making the rananculus jumper by Midori Hirose on ravelry. It’s so simple and was fun to knit, but now I’m on the sleeves so it’s taking foreeeeeever. This is how far I’ve gotten....

image.jpg

This is beautiful, I have ambitions to knit sweaters than I look at a pattern and change my mind. Please post a pic when this is complette.

1 hour ago, Luisabola said:

image.jpg

Beautiful Louisa 🥰  what yarn are you using? 

I have the pattern in my queue on Rav but someone else i know had a issue with the yoke? 

I knitted a cardigan that was in the Knitter magazine.. the yoke was awful and all the maths were way out !

8 minutes ago, Marigold said:

It's coming along great. I only knitted a sweater once,the process is daunting to me. You're more of an advanced knitted than me,you know steeping. That terrifies  me  😂

Once you have the right yarn then steeking is easy... and I love knitting that way. 

I've been knitting for a few years and test knit for a few designers 

On 12/20/2020 at 1:57 PM, Anniebea said:

Beautiful Louisa 🥰  what yarn are you using? 

I have the pattern in my queue on Rav but someone else i know had a issue with the yoke? 

I knitted a cardigan that was in the Knitter magazine.. the yoke was awful and all the maths were way out !

Once you have the right yarn then steeking is easy... and I love knitting that way. 

I've been knitting for a few years and test knit for a few designers 

I am using Cascade 220 Fingering weight in colour Doeskin Heather with 6mm circular needles. I did the gauge thing where you check how big your square is and it seemed the right size. Tbh, I’m so new to knitting I don’t know if there’s a problem with the yoke yet. It fits around my head haha. 

That’s soooo good you do test knitting, you must be a pro. 👍 

7 hours ago, Luisabola said:

I am using Cascade 220 Fingering weight in colour Doeskin Heather with 6mm circular needles. I did the gauge thing where you check how big your square is and it seemed the right size. Tbh, I’m so new to knitting I don’t know if there’s a problem with the yoke yet. It fits around my head haha. 

That’s soooo good you do test knitting, you must be a pro. 👍 

Lol no I'm definitely not a pro and some of the patterns are a nightmare.. I  tested a sweater for Skeindeer once and vowed never ever again. 

I've never used Cascade,  but it really looks pretty, I love the colour as well 😊

On 12/23/2020 at 6:07 PM, Anniebea said:

Lol no I'm definitely not a pro and some of the patterns are a nightmare.. I  tested a sweater for Skeindeer once and vowed never ever again. 

I've never used Cascade,  but it really looks pretty, I love the colour as well 😊

Oh man tell me about it, I tried making this bonnet but I just gave up it was soooo hard! I might try again after I’ve successfully completed a few more projects haha.

B3B7C1CF-7032-436D-A0C7-B772512DA142.jpeg