JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is the typeface of S forms?

I am just wondering, what is the name of the typeface of S forms (e.g. Field Service Report). I use every font matcher out there, but I didn't found the exact name. I'm having some experiment of my new project, and I just can't find the name of the typeface. Seems the typeface on blue box is different from the others. Look at the image below, just please disregard the input—my name and whatnot.

Noto Sans doesn't match.

Anyone knows what is the name of the typeface of this form? 

FIELD SERVICE REPORT

Edited by Hava Saber

He knows you better than you know yourself, and he wants to help. :hugs:

5 minutes ago, Parale said:

Open the file in Acrobat.

In menu, go to 'File', then 'Document Properties', then on tabs go to 'Fonts.'

For the S-38 Form I get the following:

image.thumb.png.db3bb79e49163f3ae5c4611ea23f0f37.png

I guess that is for the blue box (Thanks for pointing me that out, Paul), the other wasn't, just take a look to the image below:rect1469.thumb.png.a7fede8c52eba3e64be736798a0499d1.png

The sample top was an Arial, and the bottom was the original. The "Field Service Report" doesn't match to Arial, because the S and R are kind of different. Look at the encircle. Also to the E, but it wasn't quite obvious than S and R. The name of mine, "Kyle Angelo Galendez", where's located at the blue box is kind the the same to Arial.

31 minutes ago, Parale said:

Take a look at the PDF you have, as above using document properties, it may have a fuller name.

I don't have any Adobe Acrobat here installed, too slow to download. I guess, Knoll is a font made by organization and is copyrighted, just like ClearTextMedium. I don't want to get any trouble, related on copyright issues. I do appreciate the two cents you give, brother Paul, that was really helpful, especially pointing out the Arial. 🤗 I'm going to use Noto Sans (and the Noto Sans Traditional Chinese), which is quite the same to the Knoll—perhaps. Only designers will notice the little changes. I will tell anyone when this project is done. Thanks everyone!

Just now, Parale said:

They use all sorts of fonts, there doesn't seem to be a 'standard' for the S Forms...  the S-205b I have is again completely different fonts 🤷‍♂️

I think this is going to be perfect because my project is a FAUX one. 😁

5 hours ago, Hava Saber said:

image.png.6cc2388b1c205eb866034cd9fd974546.png

The Noto Sans Traditional Chinese is somewhat similar to the Knoll (perhaps), I guess this would be a great alternative.

Latin typeface for Noto Sans CJK uses Source Hans by Adobe. That may explain why there are differences in the fonts. See noto-fonts/noto-cjk #224.

I don’t think that’s related to what we are discussing here though. If I am correct, the font typeface displayed in the blue field actually appears differently from device to device. Which means the exact font may be dependant on the device that you are using. For example, in my device, the character ‘2’ has right angle curve when curving in the bottom, but in your picture, it is curving in an angle less than 90 degrees.

Edited by Hinata

7 hours ago, Hinata said:

Latin typeface for Noto Sans CJK uses Source Hans by Adobe. That may explain why there are differences in the fonts. See noto-fonts/noto-cjk #224.

I don’t think that’s related to what we are discussing here though. If I am correct, the font typeface displayed in the blue field actually appears differently from device to device. Which means the exact font may be dependant on the device that you are using. For example, in my device, the character ‘2’ has right angle curve when curving in the bottom, but in your picture, it is curving in an angle less than 90 degrees.

Thanks for that, Brother Minwoo, I guess I'm going to stick to Noto Sans for the blue field for uniformity. This is just a faux form, a minor differences.

One of my first generated faux S-4 forms (project is not yet done). All name is fictional. You can check the code in this project. (Project is still in development. Links in README.md may not work.)

my-image-name(1).jpeg.c3625d7c62b94ce2b69985217885cb87.jpeg

Edited by Hava Saber

Add Precautious about links in README.md

Guess I just don't get it ... you can just get the actual form from the Branch or pick one up at the KH and scan it if you want a copy

Our Congregation uses NWPublisher so send in the report is a simple click and send

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

Guess I just don't get it ... you can just get the actual form from the Branch or pick one up at the KH and scan it if you want a copy

Our Congregation uses NWPublisher so send in the report is a simple click and send

I consider this one too. Thanks for it, brother John. NWPublisher is on our radar, but our congregation haven't actively used it. Your brothers here doesn't always connect to internet so that perhaps a learning curve. I'm also learning about web development—I try to work this faux form to know more about that skills. Most of your brothers here likes to send messages virtually through Messenger to the secretary, which is convenient to them because they can send messages (including images) even if they don't have data, all they need is network. Data here is costly so that may help.

2 hours ago, Imagine said:

How do the friends do that? Is it through Whatsapp or some other messaging app? Thanks Br. Kyle

As I have mentioned above, it is the Messenger by Meta, sister Ying. Here in the Philippines, you can send messages in the Messenger, or the Facebook Lite, even though you don't have any data. I don't know if it works in other country, but yeah it works here. Though in receiving, you need data to see the images sent by the sender. I think Facebook (and Messenger) is carrier zero-rating. Zero-rating meaning they don't count against your data plan, allowing us to use it without consuming data.

Edited by Hava Saber

• 2 months later...

As I promised, here is the result of the said program:

📝 Faux S-4 (Version 0.9.0 - Beta) - https://jw-faux-s-4.web.app

Here's the beta version. Enjoy it everyone!

P.S. About the code, I haven't yet commit it to GitHub, maybe I'll add it next day. Not now, long weekend for Jehovah is coming. ❤️

P.P.S. You can leave a review in this forum about this mini web app. Thank you! ❤️

P.P.P.S. If you know about coding, maybe you can contribute. Just wait for the repo. 😁

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, everyone. Here is the code, you can visit it here: 

chessurisme/faux-s-4: Input your Field Service Report and turn it into sendable image (github.com)

If you use this:  https://jw-faux-s-4.web.app please disregard it and use the updated one: https://faux-s-4.vercel.app.

Old one may not receive updates and is longer deprecated.

Thank you and enjoy your new Field Service Report Creator.