JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Need help please

34 minutes ago, Margaret said:

I can download audio of our Meeting Workbook up to March but there is no tab for downloading audio of April onward......?

Sr. Margaret, are you talking about downloading the audio for the workbook from JW.ORG or from JW Library app?  The jw.org website downloads the audio OK.

Hope this isn't dumb, but how much space would be used on an ipad? I would like to keep my studied watchtower,but i don't want to run out of space. I do keep watch how much space I use on downloaded videos. I have 64 gigabytes.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, a 64 Gb device should be more than enough for any basic user. Remember, though, that aan advertised gigabyte is counted with 64*1,000 whereas a real gigabyte is 1,024 megabytes = in reality you have much less storage. Also, the system can take a few gigs chunk of space from your device.

I think I have downloaded way too many videos on my mobile JW Library and it is already more than 2.1 Gb in size. But if it is mainly publications that you want to underline, that amount of space should you last you a long time--hopefully until the Great Tribulation 😉

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

About 2 years ago I downloaded every possible file, publication, audio and video that we have available.  That took about 90 Gigabytes of space on my tablet.  It was extreme and much more than most publishers would consider downloading.  I just thought that I would give the number for reference.

I prefer android devices that allow a micro sd card to be inserted. I have a 128Gb card in one tablet & 64Gb cards in phones & other tablets.

I also - if out of warranty - and no more official updates in OS - upgrade my OP and use a much smaller gapps to get rid of bloat. 

I save several Gb on built in system that way.

On updated custom OP ROMS - I wait until most bugs are out.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

• 7 months later...

About 2 years ago I downloaded every possible file, publication, audio and video that we have available.  That took about 90 Gigabytes of space on my tablet.  It was extreme and much more than most publishers would consider downloading.  I just thought that I would give the number for reference.

Thanks for your calculations Bro I was thinking about downloading everything off of JW.org. Was thinking of getting a 256GB IPad mini to store all the data. But I wanted to stay within my budget so I decided to just get the 64 GB IPad mini. I’m glad I was able to see from your experience how many Watchtowers could fill 64GB. This makes me comfortable with the purchase I made. I think I will have to be very selective with downloading videos as they will take up a lot of storage. But for now until I save up to buy the 256 IPad the 64 will do fine.
PS I know I can buy storage in ICloud but somehow I don’t want our Kingdom info hanging out there. I want sure access whenever I want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk