JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Should schools have a dress code for parents?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1793 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 hours ago, kejedo said:

Another sign of the times. Did you ever think parents would have to have a dress code to enter the school? Some of the parent are worst than the kids. They’re supposed to be the example. The kids don’t have a chance. :facepalmpo2:

Im still trying to figure out how a person can wear PJs to school or shopping. Are we that lazy and do we put personal comfort above decency and manners? 

Dignity, manners, class, and decency are fading away in this system. Can’t  go on too much longer. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

When my son was six, he strongly encouraged me to put on lipstick before going to his school... "you look a little dry", he said. 😕  I was always very careful not to look like a bum in in public and especially in front of my child's school mates and teachers.  It's not that hard, really...

7 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

still trying to figure out how a person can wear PJs to school or shopping. Are we that lazy and do we put personal comfort above decency and manners? 

Granted, my pajamas are plain and could possibly pass for regular clothes, but I have done it. Multiple times, actually. 

There were times where my depression was so bad that it took all I had to shuffle my kids off to school. Same for running into a store to grab juice for them. I also have an issue with nightmares and insomnia. There are times where I am up all night and crash in the morning. I wake up late and end up rushing my daughter off to her little preschool in my pajamas. And  with my hair in a bun. And all of this with no makeup on. 😁 

I'm medicated now, so this is less likely to happen, but still, it could. In the end, all that matters to me is that my kids get what they need when they need it. And as far as that goes, mission accomplished. Perhaps on the proper cocktail of medication, I will be able to accomplish the same in heels and lipstick. 

1 hour ago, Saffron said:

Granted, my pajamas are plain and could possibly pass for regular clothes, but I have done it. Multiple times, actually. 

There were times where my depression was so bad that it took all I had to shuffle my kids off to school. Same for running into a store to grab juice for them. I also have an issue with nightmares and insomnia. There are times where I am up all night and crash in the morning. I wake up late and end up rushing my daughter off to her little preschool in my pajamas. And  with my hair in a bun. And all of this with no makeup on. 😁 

I'm medicated now, so this is less likely to happen, but still, it could. In the end, all that matters to me is that my kids get what they need when they need it. And as far as that goes, mission accomplished. Perhaps on the proper cocktail of medication, I will be able to accomplish the same in heels and lipstick. 

In your condition as you described it, I can understand. But it doesn’t sound like you would do that otherwise. I think many people just don’t care anymore. 

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

3 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

Another sign of the times. Did you ever think parents would have to have a dress code to enter the school? Some of the parent are worst than the kids. They’re supposed to be the example. The kids don’t have a chance. :facepalmpo2:

When i was teaching, some parents came to school with out and out swears on their T-shirt (which could also serve as a dress.) Of course, the booty shorts were a popular alternative.  My supervisor would not even let me ban gang hats in school. Pajamas would have been a big step up, imho.  

Edited by kejedo

11 minutes ago, kejedo said:

When i was teaching, some parents came to school with out and out swears on their T-shirt (which could also serve as a dress.) Of course, the booty shorts were a popular alternative.  My supervisor would not even let me ban gang hats in school. Pajamas would have been a big step up, imho.  

Pauline, I was literally sitting here thinking the same thing.  The things I have seen over the years are crazy.  Pajamas would have definitely been the preferred clothing option to what some of the parents have worn to school.  I have been downright uncomfortable before in how little the parents were wearing or how tight the clothing was, especially while talking to them about their child's education.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! 

But what chance has anyone got in changing things when 'moral relativism' is pushed more than the 'old' standards. 

I thought moral relativism was new.. 🙄

But then.. thinking about it.. Adam and Eve just followed Satan and became the first human versions of the decision making system. 

3 hours ago, Alan said:

I thought moral relativism was new.. 🙄

But then.. thinking about it.. Adam and Eve just followed Satan and became the first human versions of the decision making system. 

I think it’s always been practiced (moral relativism), but now it’s just come out in the open and is being openly embraced by more and more people. It’s out of the closet. :nope:

Its just another name for, loose morals, flexible morals, or no morals......it’s all good.:nope:

I think we’re getting some insight as to what it was like in Sodom and the pre-flood world. “Good is bad and bad is good”. :nope: