JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

• 3 weeks later...
Clearing out old files on my PC to make room on the hard drive.
This is a place to post some of the interesting stuff I've collected over the years.

George Phillips of Meridian Mississippi was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things. He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" and he said no. Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available. George said "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again. "Hello. I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now cause I've just shot them all." Then he hung up. Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips residence. Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed. One of the policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!" George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

82154602ee10476fd81371ac463d5384.jpg

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

• 2 weeks later...

Our young cat Felix loves his greens.  I dropped some Arugula on the floor and he gobbled it up. 🌿

Now I give him a little bit when I have a spring salad mix.

My wife tried some fresh ( cooked ) Asparagus and he ate it too.:eat:

I had about 4 feeds of Asparagus in past 2 weeks - just a dash of salt on el dente/boiled  asparagus. My wife had some too - just not a feed.

Might see if Costco still has some tomorrow. :eat:  _ Just for Felix you know. 😹

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

When is news not news?

When 1/2 or more of it is about a sport game.

Raptors, Raptors, Raptors, enough already. 

Here are a couple of facts.

Raptors from Toronto won the U.S.'s National Basketball Championship. 1st time a non US team won.

Basketball was invented by a Canadian living & teaching in the US.

Most Raptor players are American. 🙊

Now in a similar vein.

The St. Louis Blues won the Stanley Cup in hockey -originally a Canadian sport.

A large number of the Blue's players are Canadians. 🙊

25+ years ago the Toronto Blue Jays won the Baseball Championship - twice. Baseball is an American game.

Players from several lands. 🙊

Precision spacing is required when riding lion-headed fire-breathing serpent-tailed horses in a straight line. (tu)

blob.png.7c661fe66c2900fb1054a8a95d39e2b4.png

Found this pic whilst perusing The Bible in Photos file.  

Can someone please explain where this illustration fits in?

Thanks in advance. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I thought it was in the Revelation Book somewhere. The message going out, fierce as lions with a snake in the tail, representing the sting of the message.
I remember the pic, but I didn't remember the colourfully dressed riders.
I looked in nwtsty under snake and viper, but I didn't find it. Maybe the word has changed.

Just Older

• 2 weeks later...

Was going through some old posts from years back and came across a couple of re-post-worthy pics:

725847233_PunctuationSavesLives.jpg.5f80e7a70a819a3f08c5820c42404e55.jpg

1738909612_ChuckNorrisJoke.jpg.3dc51c93d89d65e6e5a36eed67aa525e.jpg

Well, they made me laugh...again. :D 

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 2 weeks later...

On the news about the Run of the Bulls in Spain.

There have been at least eight gored by bulls.

Spoiler

I wonder if they now have a fear of being gored.   A gore a phobia?

Edited by pnutts

auto correct correct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was transferring some MP3 files from my desktop to my phone and came across this oldy but goldy, which I 'think' I downloaded

from this site.  Laughed just as hard as the first time I heard it: :D 

Really Long Comment Giver.mp3

58 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Me too. I have had that in my repository for quite some time. I still laugh at it!

Who would have thought that a parody on a beer commercial could turn out to be as true as it is funny.  LOL :D 

Apparently, Loopy and I don't suffer--er doze, alone.  LOL :D