JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Need software to easily process MP3s

So I'm collecting nice talks from our meeting that are downloaded from the jwconference.

However, the mp3s are almost two hours long and include music before the meeting, songs, prayers, and Watchtower study.

I'd also like to make a nice mp3 of the WT study, but there are so many pauses in between when the microphone is on the way to the one contributing with a comment.

So is there a good, free software available that is practical for cutting and editing MP3s? At the moment, my solution is to use Windows Movie Maker, put in a picture file, extend it to the length of the mp3, then I add the mp3, then I cut the video, then render a video, then extract the mp3 in VLC media... this takes forever.

Thanks for your help

Edited by ChocoBro

If you want a free, open source software, I guess Audacity is a good choice for basic MP3 editing. It has been around for a long time.

https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

We sometimes digitize old shellac discs at work. We record the whole side of the disc, then use Audacity to split the MP3s. As Peter said it relies on LAME to convert from WAV to MP3, but I think that modern setup files include LAME, so you don't need to worry about that.

With Audacity you open your audio file, mark the places where you wish to split it (the spectrogram is useful to locate long silences) and save the pieces. Its interface could be a bit friendlier, but it's free so it's well worth a try.

I use an old version of Freemake Video Converter.

After a short time of using it i found a Video on youtube and i could delete the watermarks.

From that moment i did not update anymore.

And its working perfect until now.

Its free and can cut Videos (jwstream/jw broadcasting) and can also convert Videos in a lot formats (mp4,mp3).

I do not like Audacity, so I use a simple free mp3 cutter.

I do not know the name in the moment.