JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

International Convention Series Overview on JW.ORG

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1375 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 5/30/2019 at 11:34 PM, CouveBro said:

Just saw this on JW.org. Brought a little tear to my eye. I can't wait to see all the others as they become available. Love that they are doing this. I so wish I could have attended one of the international conventions. Just thinking of being there and feeling the international love from the brotherhood. Sometimes it just overwhelms me to the point of tearing up. I know I'd be a hot mess if I ever went to one, especially on the last day when everyone is waving goodbye. Oye! :cry:

We just had our international assembly in Manila with  11,000 in the stadium  then another 11,000 just on the other side..  

I cried at the opening song of  Friday program singing together with bro and sis from 67 countries. ....Its  just overwhelming. 

16 hours ago, JennyM said:

We just had our international assembly in Manila with  11,000 in the stadium  then another 11,000 just on the other side..  

I cried at the opening song of  Friday program singing together with bro and sis from 67 countries. ....Its  just overwhelming. 

Kong isipin ang iyong kasiyahan kasunod ng iyong International Convention doon! :oops: (Translation: I can imagine your excitement after your International Convention there.)

I would love to have been there, but I have not yet ventured over to your part of the world. We used to have several Filipina sisters in our congregation back before 2010, but they have all, one or two at a time, moved away. (One of them married a Circuit Overseer in the Philippines—a good reason to leave here.) But during their time here I learned to appreciate the Filipino culture, and also learned a few words of Tagalog. (One of those sisters taught me how to say mahal kita, but I think she was trying to get me in trouble.)

I wasn't surprised to see in the photos on jw.org that Brother Sanderson was at that convention wearing his Barong Tagalog, since he used to serve at the Philippines branch office. Unfortunately, I don't think he ever picked up any of the Filipino dialects during his years there. But did he say anything in Tagalog at the convention?

May you cherish the memories of your convention for many years to come.

4 hours ago, Sheep said:

Kong isipin ang iyong kasiyahan kasunod ng iyong International Convention doon! :oops: (Translation: I can imagine your excitement after your International Convention there.)

I would love to have been there, but I have not yet ventured over to your part of the world. We used to have several Filipina sisters in our congregation back before 2010, but they have all, one or two at a time, moved away. (One of them married a Circuit Overseer in the Philippines—a good reason to leave here.) But during their time here I learned to appreciate the Filipino culture, and also learned a few words of Tagalog. (One of those sisters taught me how to say mahal kita, but I think she was trying to get me in trouble.)

I wasn't surprised to see in the photos on jw.org that Brother Sanderson was at that convention wearing his Barong Tagalog, since he used to serve at the Philippines branch office. Unfortunately, I don't think he ever picked up any of the Filipino dialects during his years there. But did he say anything in Tagalog at the convention?

May you cherish the memories of your convention for many years to come.

Lots of beautiful places to visit here too such as Sagada and Palawan. 

Bro Sanderson doesn't know how to speak English. Bro Hopkinson is... He was from the England .. He flew to the pHilippines as a missionary in 1950 I think. He's the first circuit Overseer... 2 English men actually but the other one already fell asleep in death.  These missionaries were amazing.. They could go back anytime to where they came from but they didn't. 

They saw the growth of the Philippines from the time without Bethel branch yet to 200+ thousands publishers. 

On 11/9/2019 at 8:46 AM, Omoyeme said:

Manila, Philippines—2019 “Love Never Fails”! International Convention

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/philippines/Manila-Philippines-2019-Love-Never-Fails-International-Convention/

702019289_univ_lsr_lg.jpg

Already missing the delegates.

"‘We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done." - Luke 17:10 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

Reminiscing about my visit to Atlanta's IC and looking at all of these international stadium and arena photos...(sigh); makes me long for the "good old regional convention days" -- of 2019!

lol...

Yeah. 2019 brings back those nostalgic memories...

Wasn’t the first part of the convention wonderful, so much Spiritual gems. When I watched the experience of the sister who lost her sight, despite her situation she was so joyful and Jehovah surely blessed her in abundance so encouraging for me. Jehovah is a source of joy. Ps. 16:11 Jehovah makes the path of life known to us. The speaker said that joy may come and go with circumstances around us. We can also find joy when we are being persecuted knowing that we are pleasing Jehovah. Very faith strengthening.