JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

International Convention Series Overview on JW.ORG

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1376 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/united-states/2019-Love-Never-Fails-International-Convention-Series-Overview/

Atlanta

The first of 24 overviews and photo galleries that will be published in the Newsroom of jw.org following each of the international conventions scheduled for 2019.

21 hours ago, The German said:

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/united-states/2019-Love-Never-Fails-International-Convention-Series-Overview/

Atlanta

The first of 24 overviews and photo galleries that will be published in the Newsroom of jw.org following each of the international conventions scheduled for 2019.

Wow Baptized brothers and sisters count is 314

Just saw this on JW.org. Brought a little tear to my eye. I can't wait to see all the others as they become available. Love that they are doing this. I so wish I could have attended one of the international conventions. Just thinking of being there and feeling the international love from the brotherhood. Sometimes it just overwhelms me to the point of tearing up. I know I'd be a hot mess if I ever went to one, especially on the last day when everyone is waving goodbye. Oye! :cry:

Just saw this on JW.org. Brought a little tear to my eye. I can't wait to see all the others as they become available. Love that they are doing this. I so wish I could have attended one of the international conventions. Just thinking of being there and feeling the international love from the brotherhood. Sometimes it just overwhelms me to the point of tearing up. I know I'd be a hot mess if I ever went to one, especially on the last day when everyone is waving goodbye. Oye! :cry:

You will never regret going to one as a delegate. It is always a heartwarming experience. I’ve been to a few, and all of them are sweet memories.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2019 “Love Never Fails”! International Convention Series Overview

Miami, Florida (Spanish), United States

• Dates: May 24-26, 2019

• Program Language: Spanish

• Peak Attendance: 28,562

• Total Number Baptized: 230

• Number of International Delegates: 4,600

• Invited Branches: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Britain, Canada, Central America, Central Europe, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Spain

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/united-states/2019-Love-Never-Fails-International-Convention-Series-Overview-2/

Edited by Arumuga Raja

• 3 weeks later...

Monterrey, Mexico—2019 “Love Never Fails”! International Convention

• Dates: June 7-9, 2019

• Program Languages: English, Mexican Sign Language, Spanish

• Number of Venues Tied In: 38 in 6 different countries (Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Panama)

• Peak Attendance: 39,099

• Total Number Baptized: 393

• Number of International Delegates: 4,682

• Invited Branches: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Paraguay, Peru, Spain, United States

• Local Experience: Roberto Valero, a representative of the mayor of the city of Guadalupe, visited the convention site on Saturday. Among other things, he stated: “Our government is committed to preserving the peace and security of the people. And you, Jehovah’s Witnesses, have greatly contributed to this by being good citizens. The whole city is aware of it".

702019165_univ_gal_1_md.jpg

Brothers and sisters welcome delegates at the Monterrey International Airport

702019165_univ_gal_2_md.jpg

Delegates arrive at the convention venue with the majestic Mount Silla pictured in the background

702019165_univ_gal_3_md.jpg

Brother Mark Sanderson, a member of the Governing Body, delivers the concluding talk of the Friday session

702019165_univ_gal_4_md.jpg

An individual is baptized on Saturday in one of the four pools used at the convention

702019165_univ_gal_5_md.jpg

International delegates listen attentively to the convention program

702019165_univ_gal_6_md.jpg

Visiting special full-time servants wave to the crowd on the final day of the convention

702019165_univ_gal_7_md.jpg

A family from Apodaca, Mexico, holds up a sign that expresses, ‘We love you

702019165_univ_gal_8_md.jpg

A visiting delegate and a local sister preach in Monterrey

702019165_univ_gal_09_md.jpg

Delegates enjoy a dance performance from northern Mexico known as Polka Norteña

702019165_univ_gal_10_md.jpg

22 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

Monterrey, Mexico—2019 “Love Never Fails”! International Convention

• Dates: June 7-9, 2019

• Program Languages: English, Mexican Sign Language, Spanish

• Number of Venues Tied In: 38 in 6 different countries (Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Panama)

• Peak Attendance: 39,099

• Total Number Baptized: 393

• Number of International Delegates: 4,682

• Invited Branches: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Paraguay, Peru, Spain, United States

• Local Experience: Roberto Valero, a representative of the mayor of the city of Guadalupe, visited the convention site on Saturday. Among other things, he stated: “Our government is committed to preserving the peace and security of the people. And you, Jehovah’s Witnesses, have greatly contributed to this by being good citizens. The whole city is aware of it".

702019165_univ_gal_1_md.jpg

Brothers and sisters welcome delegates at the Monterrey International Airport

702019165_univ_gal_2_md.jpg

Delegates arrive at the convention venue with the majestic Mount Silla pictured in the background

702019165_univ_gal_3_md.jpg

Brother Mark Sanderson, a member of the Governing Body, delivers the concluding talk of the Friday session

702019165_univ_gal_4_md.jpg

An individual is baptized on Saturday in one of the four pools used at the convention

702019165_univ_gal_5_md.jpg

International delegates listen attentively to the convention program

702019165_univ_gal_6_md.jpg

Visiting special full-time servants wave to the crowd on the final day of the convention

702019165_univ_gal_7_md.jpg

A family from Apodaca, Mexico, holds up a sign that expresses, ‘We love you

702019165_univ_gal_8_md.jpg

A visiting delegate and a local sister preach in Monterrey

702019165_univ_gal_09_md.jpg

Delegates enjoy a dance performance from northern Mexico known as Polka Norteña

702019165_univ_gal_10_md.jpg

Total number of baptised is 393

Guayaquil, Ecuador—2019 “Love Never Fails”! International Convention

• Dates: June 14-16, 2019

• Location: Estadio Monumental Banco Pichincha in Guayaquil, Ecuador

• Program Languages: Ecuadorian Sign Language, English, Spanish

• Peak Attendance: 53,055

• Total Number Baptized: 702

• Number of International Delegates: 5,300

• Invited Branches: Argentina, Belgium, Bolivia, Central America, Colombia, Cuba, Kazakhstan, Korea, Moldova, Myanmar, Poland, Spain, United States

• Local Experience: José Francisco Cevallos, president of the Barcelona Sporting Club that owns the stadium, stated: “We have never had issues related to your conventions, neither this one nor in previous years. That speaks highly of your good behavior and the orderliness that we see in all your conventions. It is not an easy task, yet it’s in your culture to organize and thoroughly prepare for all your events. You are good people—very educated, well-mannered, and well-organized. We strongly recommend any city and country to host Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

702019171_univ_gal_01_md.jpg

Delegates posing for a photograph during an open house at the Ecuador Bethel

702019171_univ_gal_02_md.jpg

Local brothers and sisters accompanying the delegates in the ministry

702019171_univ_gal_03_md.jpg

International delegates unitedly singing during the first day of the convention

702019171_univ_gal_04_md.jpg

Some of the 702 new brothers and sisters getting baptized

702019171_univ_gal_05_md.jpg

Delegates taking notes during the session

702019171_univ_gal_06_md.jpg

Delegates making the Korean hand gesture for love

702019171_univ_gal_07_md.jpg

Brother Kenneth Cook, a member of the Governing Body, delivering the concluding talk on Saturday of the convention

702019171_univ_gal_08_md.jpg

Visiting special full-time servants on the last day of the convention waving goodbye

702019171_univ_gal_09_md.jpg

Local brothers and sisters performing for the delegates during the special evening entertainment

A song was specially composed for the International Convention in Brazil. It describes how we managed to keep together, breaking language barriers and nationality. Hugs, smiles, looks, tears and feelings do not need translation. Jehovah's people speak one language, the pure language.

But above all, we speak an unmistakable language, our trademark - love. The love we feel among Jehovah's people is more than a feeling, it is the essence of our Creator! What a beautiful expression: "The language of our heart is love!" This is the title of the song that was prepared as a gift for the delegates. Would you like to know the lyrics and the music? Click below and let your heart thrill. Listen in 5 languages: Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, French and English.

1) English: https://jwtalk.net/files/file/632-nossa_língua_é_o_amor__-_englishmpeg/

2) French: https://jwtalk.net/files/file/633-nossa_língua_é_o_amor_-_frenchmpeg/

3) Italian: https://jwtalk.net/files/file/634-nossa_língua_é_o_amor_-_italianmpeg/

4) Portuguese: https://jwtalk.net/files/file/635-nossa_língua_é_o_amor_-_portuguesempeg/

5) Spanish: https://jwtalk.net/files/file/636-nossa_língua_é_o_amor_-_spanishmpeg/

Lyrics here 👇

Nossa-língua-é-o-amor_Letras.pdf

Arrival of the first delegates to the International Convention "The Love Never Ends" of 2019 in São Paulo, Brazil.

I'm not present, but it was some videos that some brothers sent me.

Unfortunately my circuit is not among the guests to the Convention, but I will be following as closely as I can of this special occasion.

These videos brought back fond memories when I and a friend were delegates at the "Língua Pura" Congress in São Paulo over 25 years ago!

I was thoroughly enjoying these videos...until the sister with the locks started crying, then I started tearing up as well!

These have brought a bit of joy to my day! :)

Obrigado Irmão!

38 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

These videos brought back fond memories when I and a friend were delegates at the "Língua Pura" Congress in São Paulo over 25 years ago!

I was thoroughly enjoying these videos...until the sister with the locks started crying, then I started tearing up as well!

These have brought a bit of joy to my day! :)

Obrigado Irmão!

That's great! I was also at the "Língua Pura" Convention in São Paulo. 😃 These were memorable occasions!

@Omoyeme <Língua Pura> 'The Pure Language' District convention in 1990 perhaps? At first, I thought it was so exotic venue in South America. Nice.

@Araujo JW The brothers and sisters are so warm and friendly. Wish I was there too.

A great show that they put up. They must have put their hearts and souls into the preparation. The joy displayed on their faces is so infectious. Bravo!

Edited by M'Awan

7 hours ago, M'Awan said:

Convenção de Distrito @Omoyeme  <Língua Pura> 'A Linguagem Pura' em 1990, talvez? No começo, achei que fosse um local tão exótico na América do Sul. Agradável.

@Araujo JW  Os irmãos e irmãs são tão calorosos e amigáveis. Queria estar lá também.

Um grande show que eles colocaram. Eles devem ter colocado seus corações e almas na preparação. A alegria exibida em seus rostos é tão contagiante. Bravo!

Yes, sister Anne, it was "The Pure Language" District convention in 1990. These were memorable occasions.

This year the brothers are very committed to preparing to welcome the delegates. These are months of preparation for the brothers and sisters to have a worthy welcome from the people of Jehovah. Everyone is very happy.