JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Catholic Church Sees Rise in Sex Abuse Allegations

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1582 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 5 months later...

A short while back I saw a commercial by an attorney firm who specifically mentioned abuse in 'The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.' They said that anyone who had been abused in that [Mormon] church could call them and they would handle the case.

17 hours ago, Sackedbysapp said:

You can search the news and find those same articles  about our organization.

The commercial about the Mormon Church was a TV ad. I haven't seen one about Jehovah's Witnesses on TV yet. 

I know there are places on the internet that claim sexual abuse among Jehovah's Witnesses. We had a study article recently on that very subject.

Edited by Witness1970

no actual changes.

I just noticed that a lot of Catholic bastions have fallen in recent times.... Ireland, for example. but not the Philippines yet. Catholicism is still extremely strong over there. I wonder how long it will be until the fassade is torn down over there, too. I can hardly imagine the Philippines is the only predominantly Catholic country in the world where systemic child sex-abuse does not take place.

Also, I wonder when Islam will follow suit. I don't believe for a minute that there is no sex abuse going on in Madrassas and Mosques. Judging from the problems in Pakistan and Afghanistan and from the general attitude towards "child-brides", I assume systemic pedophilia is also a huge issue in the Islamic creed, but societal taboos are still keeping a strict stranglehold on the issue.

5 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

I just noticed that a lot of Catholic bastions have fallen in recent times.... Ireland, for example. but not the Philippines yet. Catholicism is still extremely strong over there. I wonder how long it will be until the fassade is torn down over there, too. I can hardly imagine the Philippines is the only predominantly Catholic country in the world where systemic child sex-abuse does not take place.

Filipinos are fanatic to catholicism.. People were strongly blinded.. 100 years ago, there was a Filipino whose name is Jose Rizal. He wrote 2 books, El Filibusterismo and Noli Me Tangere... It was about the political and religious corruption in the Philippines. It includes Catholic priests raping women or priests having fleshly desires on women, love child etc.... In 1950's the government would like to translate these from spanish to the local language. The church prevented it... 

But anyway, the current president is cursing the priests today. However, not many priests are thrown in to prison yet. There are just few white priests. 

5 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Also, I wonder when Islam will follow suit. I don't believe for a minute that there is no sex abuse going on in Madrassas and Mosques. Judging from the problems in Pakistan and Afghanistan and from the general attitude towards "child-brides", I assume systemic pedophilia is also a huge issue in the Islamic creed, but societal taboos are still keeping a strict stranglehold on the issue.

In the Middle East, raping their housekeeper is common.  

In Syria, child brides are widespread. 

The commercial about the Mormon Church was a TV ad. I haven't seen one about Jehovah's Witnesses on TV yet. 

I know there are places on the internet that claim sexual abuse among Jehovah's Witnesses. We had a study article recently on that very subject.

There were TV ads running in the NY metro area last year...some bros sent me a video of commercial...

• 2 weeks later...