JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Buffalo Meat

A former Bible student and current call of my mom's she and her husband have given my mom and me buffalo meat, elk, and moose multiple times as the call's husband is a hunter.  It's all delicious.  Anyway, I made dinner recently with the canned buffalo.  The elk and moose were not canned.

I cooked some onions in a pan, then I added the meat, put some olive oil in it, I also seasoned it with lemon thyme and garlic chives that we have in pots and then added salt.  I don't know if anyone on here has had this type of meat before.  But doing it this way was delicious. 

Edited by JW2017

Yes, I have had buffalo (bison) meat - it is usually much leaner than beef

There is a place in Tampa that has a Bison Burger on their menu ... it is quite tasty

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 months later...

I’ve purchased ground bison from Costco recently ....wifey said she didn’t want any of that when I put packaging in fridge...Well you know what happened, right?...a week or so later I cooked it simmering in some salsa....she said, "oh, you cooked some ground beef, smells great!" I said "help yourself!".......she was like "this is good!".... I said, "that's the ground bison you vowed not to eat!"

Am I a bad man?....Yes, I am!

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Us Native Americans love Buffalo Meat.

I must have native in me .....I love all wild meat . I get bison when I can find it ....my little butcher shop closed because big box stores they can't compete. He used to bring in Bison for me. I think if I was to pop across the border into Washington I could find it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, JW2017 said:

I have Native American in my background.

We have Native American in our backyard .... all the land around us was once lived on by Seminoles 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~