JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Argentina Stock Market Crash...US next?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1716 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I found this interesting:

https://kingworldnews.com/gerald-celente-broadcast-interview-available-now-8-10-2019/

Gerald Celente: Founder & Director of the Trends Research Institute – Gerald has had a long track record of making some of the most controversial, yet correct calls in terms of global trends and events. In fact, many consider Mr. Celente to be the top trends forecaster in the world. Gerald has been quoted and interviewed in media throughout the world such as KWN, CNBC, Fox, CBS, ABC, NBC, BBC, Time Magazine, The NY Times, The Wall Street Journal, Business Week, FT, U.S. News, World Report, The Economist, L.A. Times, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post and more.

The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of the stupid is in the house of rejoicing. (Ecclesiastes 4:7)

6 hours ago, Thike Salvmu said:

I found this interesting:

https://kingworldnews.com/gerald-celente-broadcast-interview-available-now-8-10-2019/

Gerald Celente: Founder & Director of the Trends Research Institute – Gerald has had a long track record of making some of the most controversial, yet correct calls in terms of global trends and events. In fact, many consider Mr. Celente to be the top trends forecaster in the world. Gerald has been quoted and interviewed in media throughout the world such as KWN, CNBC, Fox, CBS, ABC, NBC, BBC, Time Magazine, The NY Times, The Wall Street Journal, Business Week, FT, U.S. News, World Report, The Economist, L.A. Times, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post and more.

Really Interesting Interview 👍🏻

I have never quite understood why so many people (and I am including JW's in this) seem to think that the US is going to "crash and burn" ... with everything coming to a screeching stop.

After all, the US is part of the Dual World Power that will still be ruling when the end comes.   Matthew 24:36-39 says, " 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be."

We should not expect any kind of "crash and burn" scenario for the US or Great Britain.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I was thinking of one possible scenario, but I may be missing something.

When the cry of Peace and Security goes out, the stock market may actually have big gains because of optimism. It will be short-lived however as the nations turn on Babylon the Great. Some religious people may decide to have demonstrations and marches in protest. It might be a good time to avoid going out unnecessarily. Then the stock market may crash.  It won't make much difference anyway. During the judgement message, we won't have to judge people ourselves, but what we tell them may make them realize that they are doomed to destruction. Their money cannot save them, so even if their gold and silver still has intrinsic value, it will be worthless because it cannot save them or their families.  They might literally, or figuratively, throw their money in the streets.

Warning signs of US recession

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/08/20/604067/Warning-Signs-of-US-Recession

In this edition of The Debate, Press TV hosts discussions about the growing signs of recession in the United States.

Brent Budowsky, columnist with The Hill, and Paul Craig Roberts, former US assistant secretary of treasury, exchange views on this issue.

The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of the stupid is in the house of rejoicing. (Ecclesiastes 4:7)

Just a note about the passage relating to people throwing their money in the streets.

First, it's here - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/E/2019/26/7#v=26:7:19

And it says:

“‘They will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will become abhorrent to them. Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to save them in the day of Jehovah’s fury.+They* will not be satisfied, nor will they fill their stomachs, for it* has become a stumbling block causing their error

This verse tells us that during judgment ones will want to pay their way to salvation (like many do today - see few rich people in jail (Epstein would make an interesting discussing as proof of how he evaded justice as long as he did, bit so as to not get side tracked ... )) BUT they'll see Jehovah doesn't work that way. So, it will be as good as useless to them THEN they would treat it as such. ( See our new Ezekiel book for this https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102017166#h=25:401-25:713 )

What it does NOT mean:

A prophecy that there will be an economic crash just before or just after the Great Tribulation begins. 

There MAY be one just after, but this prophecy is not a prophecy telling us there will be one. As to one before - it's nonsensical to think people will say SECURITY and Peace at a time of economic collapse. If anything, 1 These 5:13 PROVES their will NOT be a collapse just before. Things will be going along just fine when they utter the saying "peace and SECURITY".

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

13 hours ago, trottigy said:

Just a note about the passage relating to people throwing their money in the streets.

First, it's here - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/E/2019/26/7#v=26:7:19

And it says:

This verse tells us that during judgment ones will want to pay their way to salvation (like many do today - see few rich people in jail (Epstein would make an interesting discussing as proof of how he evaded justice as long as he did, bit so as to not get side tracked ... )) BUT they'll see Jehovah doesn't work that way. So, it will be as good as useless to them THEN they would treat it as such. ( See our new Ezekiel book for this https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102017166#h=25:401-25:713 )

What it does NOT mean:

A prophecy that there will be an economic crash just before or just after the Great Tribulation begins. 

There MAY be one just after, but this prophecy is not a prophecy telling us there will be one. As to one before - it's nonsensical to think people will say SECURITY and Peace at a time of economic collapse. If anything, 1 These 5:13 PROVES their will NOT be a collapse just before. Things will be going along just fine when they utter the saying "peace and SECURITY".

I am of the opinion that there is going to be economic chaos, more famine, pestilence, war etc. on a much bigger scale than we have now before the great tribulation begins. I think the world powers will bring order out of the chaos down the road and then the declaration of peace and security will be made under the global system headed by the UN.

21 hours ago, Thike Salvmu said:

I am of the opinion that there is going to be economic chaos, more famine, pestilence, war etc. on a much bigger scale than we have now before the great tribulation begins. I think the world powers will bring order out of the chaos down the road and then the declaration of peace and security will be made under the global system headed by the UN.

I disagree. A brief calm before the storm, I'd say we are in the period of quiet and calm. Therefore the storm will be Jehovah's day. Compare Rev 13:1 

7 hours ago, GodlyDevotion said:

I disagree. A brief calm before the storm, I'd say we are in the period of quiet and calm. Therefore the storm will be Jehovah's day. Compare Rev 13:1 

Fair enough. I guess time will tell. :)