JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Houshold Name

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1657 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was listening to a radio show a few days ago and they were asking people to give them a household name. They were going to see what name was most popular.

Looking up what a Household Name was revealed that it is something or someone that is known to the general public.

Then I got to thinking about God's name and why we adopted it.  If you ask the general public what God's name is, most don't know, but if you use God's name and add "Witnesses", then it is a "household name".  So while "Jehovah" is not considered a household name, Jehovah's Witnesses are.

The most popular answer on the radio show was a name beginning with "O" followed by "p" then "r" then "ah". I think it's even one when spelled backwards as that was her business name Harpo...

So, what do you think is the most popular household name?  (no rules - just for fun)

1 minute ago, Thomas Walker said:

It's why we have so much trouble with the Trinity argument.

Jehovah is a name nobody knows. Jesus is a name everyone knows.

Yes, Jesus was one that was mentioned on the radio most often. Oddly, it was not the one chosen as most often.