JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

More Russian arrests

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1655 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/10/22/russian-special-agents-raid-jehovahs-witnesses-resort-as-crackdown-intensifies-a67855

Special agents in northern Russia have raided a resort where dozens of Jehovah’s Witnesses had gathered, marking the latest instance in an ongoing campaign against the religious group that Russia considers extremist.

Special-forces officers encircled a camp building in the city of Norilsk above the Arctic Circle on Sunday, confining more than 50 worshippers inside, the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization said in a statement.

The latest clampdown follows searches in the homes of Jehovah’s Witnesses in the cities of Kursk, Sochi and Oryol last week. 

Meanwhile, prosecutors in the Siberian city of Tomsk are seeking a prison sentence of seven years for a local Jehovah’s Witness. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Rewatching parts of the TV movie ' Playing for time' because of feeling blue. One can never cease to be horrified by the atrocities committed during the Holocaust although in the film, it only shows bits and pieces, here and there. Much is left to our imagination because the reality of the cruelty is beyond comprehension. Way too sadistic to even put into words. 

Then I reverted to reading about the hardships suffered by our brethen in Russia. No doubt it may not be as extreme as WW2, but still it must be  beyond tragic for those affected by the ban. It is so hard to imagine at this time and age that such persecution can really be taking place. 

We have come to rely so much on technology at tip of our fingers and to have their electronic gadgets taken away from us, it will have psychological repercussions. I know I suffer withdrawal symptoms when deprived of IT. Perhaps it might be better if we learn to wean ourselves off this incessant need to be wired digitally. Like spending a few hours in the morning doing reading and writing, the old fashion way. We have also been advised to commit Bible verses, songs etc to memory.

Easy said than done.

We have come to be so dependent on our phones. It is now like an extension of our body. 

Simplifying our lives now makes a lot of sense so that we will not feel deprived if in future we face opposition like what is happening in Russia and elsewhere.

Be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Edited by M'Awan

14 minutes ago, M'Awan said:

We have come to rely so much on technology at tip of our fingers and to have their electronic gadgets taken away from us, it will have psychological repercussions. I know I suffer withdrawal symptoms when deprived of IT. Perhaps it might be better if we learn to wean ourselves off this incessant need to be wired digitally. Like spending a few hours in the morning doing reading and writing, the old fashion way. We have also been advised to commit Bible verses, songs etc to memory.

Information Anxiety

“Masked commandos burst into the building and demanded that everyone who was there surrender their phones and tablets."

That sentence really stood out to me. The masked commandos are trained killers under orders of their commanders and the powers that be, do you think some of them must feel pretty stupid aggressively treating innocent harmless mild tempered people this way? its not drop your gun or knife its surrender your tablet and phone!

They publish their aggressive photos and videos to intimidate us, actually it is helping train us all as to what to expect very soon.

The time of the end is close.

image.png.1aec5abd792c7fdc985bb498e995785d.png

Due to the criminal prosecution for religious beliefs, Catherine lost her job, which deprived her of the opportunity to help relatives. Searches and detention negatively affected health, including the health of loved ones. Catherine aggravated chronic diseases. Relatives and friends are perplexed how to persecute a person only for what he believes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 12:27 PM, BibleSteve said:

“Masked commandos burst into the building and demanded that everyone who was there surrender their phones and tablets."

That sentence really stood out to me. The masked commandos are trained killers under orders of their commanders and the powers that be, do you think some of them must feel pretty stupid aggressively treating innocent harmless mild tempered people this way? its not drop your gun or knife its surrender your tablet and phone!

I know.   Those solders must be wondering is this what I trained for, self defence in case a grandma or a handicapped pensioner pulls ...a BIBLE out on me?!  This is why Putin denied it, it's embarrassing to admit your most dangerous "extremists" are  .... "pacifists" and you are using your highly trained special unit soldiers to track down on people praying together.

Edited by sunshine

Oh my! What would they do to me if they arrested me? I don't have a cell phone or a tablet! (I'm terribly behind the times.)

FSB: Hand over your tablet and your phone.

Me: I don't have any of those.

FSB: Quit stalling. Hand them over.

Me: But I don't have any of those.

FSB: Search him now!

Agents: We can't find a tablet or a phone on him.

FSB: Okay, arrest him!

Me: But wait, I don't have a tablet or a phone.

FSB: Stop making excuses. You're being arrested and charged.

Me: On what charges?

FSB: For resisting arrest, for starters. For making outrageous claims! For hiding evidence! For refusing to provide us with proof of your guilt!

FSB: He's a hopeless case. Arrest him!

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

Oh my! What would they do to me if they arrested me? I don't have a cell phone or a tablet! (I'm terribly behind the times.)

FSB: Hand over your tablet and your phone.

Me: I don't have any of those.

FSB: Quit stalling. Hand them over.

Me: But I don't have any of those.

FSB: Search him now!

Agents: We can't find a tablet or a phone on him.

FSB: Okay, arrest him!

Me: But wait, I don't have a tablet or a phone.

FSB: Stop making excuses. You're being arrested and charged.

Me: On what charges?

FSB: For resisting arrest, for starters. For making outrageous claims! For hiding evidence! For refusing to provide us with proof of your guilt!

FSB: He's a hopeless case. Arrest him!

You would quickly find out you had one that you were not aware of. Those are old Soviet methods - they just try to pretend there are legal grounds for their actions, so they would fake everything. I don't even know why they would bother. They could have said you are arrested for stashing 5 x 32ft containers of tablets.

7 hours ago, מתתיהו said:

You would quickly find out you had one that you were not aware of. Those are old Soviet methods - they just try to pretend there are legal grounds for their actions, so they would fake everything. I don't even know why they would bother. They could have said you are arrested for stashing 5 x 32ft containers of tablets.

I thought I could at least be charged with obstruction of justice (preventing them from finding proof—my phone and tablet). But if I had all those containers full of tablets you would think they'd be able to see them. Well, it wouldn't be the first time Jehovah hid things from the eyes of the enemy.