JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

No Cook Applesauce

We have an abundance of apple trees on our farm.

My hubby loves applesauce. ❤️

Today,  I googled a few recipes for freezing applesauce.

One of the recipes explained how to let your freezer make the applesauce. :D 

So I went out and picked a bushel of yummy apples and then spent the afternoon

filling freezer bags with the cored, (some peeled because my hubby can't chew apple peelings)

and sliced apples.   Recipe says it may take up to eight hours to freeze the apples and turn them

into applesauce.  (Depends on how cold your freezer is set to.)

In about six more hours, I'll let you know how it tastes. :D 

https://wholefully.com/no-cook-freezer-applesauce/

Did you know that apples get all mushy and soft when frozen? Or that they become sweeter and the flavors stronger? How about that all you have to do to make the best applesauce you’ve ever had is to freeze apples, thaw them and then mush the hell out of them?

Welcome to the delicious, delicious world of no-cook applesauce, my friends.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ingredients

2 tablespoons lemon juice

Water

4-6 medium apples, cored and cut into eighths (about 2-1/2 pounds)

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Instructions

Fill a large bowl 2/3 with water, add in lemon juice and mix well. Add in apple slices and stir until all apple slices are coated in the mixture. Drain apples well.

Place apples in a large zip-top bag, add in cinnamon and nutmeg. Seal bag and toss to coat.

Place bag in freezer for 4-6 hours or until apples are frozen solid. Remove from freezer and allow to defrost on kitchen counter.

When apples are soft, mash with potato masher or puree in a food processor until desired consistency. Serve cold.

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Spell Wreck

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 1 year later...
On 10/26/2019 at 4:52 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

So I went out and picked a bushel of yummy apples and then spent the afternoon

filling freezer bags with the cored, (some peeled because my hubby can't chew apple peelings)

and sliced apples.   Recipe says it may take up to eight hours to freeze the apples and turn them

into applesauce.  (Depends on how cold your freezer is set to.)

In about six more hours, I'll let you know how it tastes. :D 

How did the apple sauce taste?  Have you made more since you last posted this thread?   Curious minds want to know. :)

5 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

How did the apple sauce taste?  Have you made more since you last posted this thread?   Curious minds want to know. :)

The applesauce was so good last year, that my hubby had me turn our entire apple crop into more freezer

applesauce this year, too.   I had to peel and core five 5 gallon buckets of apples.  The corer slices them as it

cores them, so I didn't have to slice them. :D     He munches on them day and night.  Keeps the doctor away.

Right? :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I use an apple corer/slicer thing as well just about every day. 

I like a little slice of apple with a glob of peanut butter.  O yummy 😋 😋 😋 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”