JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How to remove bold insert line when I move my cusor to click on website or inside box

Hello Carlos, What I'm trying to explain is:

—I have a touch pad HP laptop, I was wiping off the keyboard keys and I must have pressed on a key that caused the blinking line that you see right now as you're typing a word.

—Behind each letter we type on a keyboard there's a blinking line. Somehow that blinking line after each letter has turned into a bold black blinking line after each letter.

—When I move my cursor into the Google search box where https: is located well when I type each letter that same blinking line that's behind each message we send here or email it's still a thick bold blinking line I and it creates a problem for me when I'm typing.

—The bold blinking line you see as you're typing after each letter, somehow has created a problem when I type a letter that blinking line sometimes won't allow me to type the next letter and when that happens I have to move my arrow cusor in front of the bold blinking line in order to keep typing out a word rather than the blinking line should be behind each letter I type it's in front of each letter I type..

—I how that help explain things better Carlos bcoz I'm beginning to confuse myself trying to explain it. "My brain hates me right now" :confused:

Carlos I'm using my laptop now, it's not the blinking line after each letter you type but my cusor that looks like an arrow when I move it around, when I hover that cusor over the Google search box that's when it turns into a bold line and the arrow cursor disappears...

Okay I will try to press insert key one time while typing...

Maybe it's just me..I just don't recall always seeing a bold line when I hover the arrow cusor over the Google search box or any other space I would move my cusor. I guess it's just one of those senior moments I'm having right now and a bold line would always appear when I hover arrow cusor over an area where I have to type information. Thanks for helping me friends I really appreciate it when we have problems when can always come here to receive the encouragement and support needed.

yb,

—Manny

**I tried pressing insert while typing and the mysterious bold line always appear when I hover cusor over an area where I have to type information.

Thanks friends!

The blinking bar that follows you around is normally called the "cursor".  If you go to the "settings" menu in Windows, select "Ease of Access" from the choices.  Then choose "Cursor & Pointer" from the list.

Here you can select or change or disable features.  Such as cursor thickness (bold), or size.  You can turn off touch cursor enhancements.  See screen shot below.

cursor.JPG

Thank You friends problem solved following the suggestions given. What a beautiful organization we have! We're like a Wikipedia of Bible truths for those searching for mankind's problems by using Jehovah's word as a guide for daily living and a compass to direct our way in life.

—Here on this forum we use the large data base of spiritual resources we have stored awaythrough publications, books, videos, FS, God's word the Bible.

—I am so grateful to be apart of a loving family here and throughout Jehovah's organization. No matter what subject or topic we need help with from Jehovah's creation to computer technology we can find answers and suggestions here.

—It's encouraging to know we have a safe haven here that we can turn to where we can find Bible based solutions and answers and provide us with insight and encouragement.

—In metropolitan witnessing we call that "internal witnessing" friends encouraging each other—we need encouragement also the same way we provide encouragement to those we encounter in our ministry bcoz we have bad days and good days just like anyone else. Thank You, my dear Sisters and Brothers...

yb,

—Manny