JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1548 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have always loved the audio dramas from years ago. My husband a I both know them word for word.

Anyone notice they have been re recorded?

I just put on the "beware of loosing faith by drawing away from Jehovah" one...

It sounds so weird. (Jehovahs) voice has changed and narrator has an accent.

I have always gone to sleep every night with these dramas but tonight its keeping me awake cause it's all different.

Does anyone have a digital version of the old one. The one that is on tape?

I'm sorry but I dont like the new one

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Its actually not just that one but my favourite.... "jehovahs name to be declared in all the earth".... the have redone it.

Why?
Anyone have a mp3 of the old one?
Please

1 hour ago, Fiona said:

Its actually not just that one but my favourite.... "jehovahs name to be declared in all the earth".... the have redone it.
emoji15.png
Why?
Anyone have a mp3 of the old one?
Please

I uploaded the old MP3 of this drama onto my one drive and you will find it here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=45EB4F58006663B6!109&cid=45EB4F58006663B6

These files are way too large to share directly here.

I am working on getting you the other old drama, too.  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

The old Beware of Losing Faith drama is now ready for you to download, too:

I don't know where you found new versions of these audio dramas.

All of the old dramas are still available for download on JW.ORG Library:

2143816509_OldDramas.GIF.71eb6211931f2ef8382dd5aacb12d629.GIF

And all of the audio dramas I have downloaded onto my JWLibrary android app

are unchanged, too. (Still the old versions.)  

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

The old Beware of Losing Faith drama is now ready for you to download, too:

I don't know where you found new versions of these audio dramas.

All of the old dramas are still available for download on JW.ORG Library:

2143816509_OldDramas.GIF.71eb6211931f2ef8382dd5aacb12d629.GIF

And all of the audio dramas I have downloaded onto my JWLibrary android app

are unchanged, too. (Still the old versions.)  

Yes they are there but as of today they changed. Different voices and accents. My husband checked his app too and they have also changed.

Thanks so much!

20 minutes ago, Fiona said:

Yes they are there but as of today they changed. Different voices and accents. My husband checked his app too and they have also changed.

Thanks so much!

How curious.  They seem to have only changed Down Under. :D 

Notice the date of the last update for us in the USA:

1314192903_OldDramas.GIF.b11440152650f6795f97c51401ac66fc.GIF

The brothers are not sentimental. If they intend to keep using a certain material, they will make sure it’s up to date, even if it means making new recordings.
Absolutely. And I will try to adjust but I'll tell you why it's important to me.
When my son had cancer, it shock us to the core. I stopped sleeping.
When I realized it was either sleeping tablets or I had to do something, I started listening to the bible reading, kingdom songs etc. But that would only keep me awake also. So I tried the dramas. The 4 largest ones. I knew them off by heart, I knew the characters so well, and the drama that I would eventually drop off to sleep because my brain didnt need to concentrate but it also had noise so i wouldn't have to think. It was perfect. So every night in hospital or even out, the dramas would go on. Within min I was out. Since then I still cannot go to bed with a still brain because it starts to go places I don't want to remember. So... each night the dramas come out.
Last night within seconds I sat bolt upright and checked my 2 main favourite ones. Both changed.
It annoys me because they say jehovah funny.... and jehovahs voice isnt his (if you know what I mean) so now all it is is distracting.
Well..... turns out, it's my sleeping tablet because I did not sleep at all last night.
But will download the old ones and I WILL sleep to tonight.

I wish the brothers would put up some of the others we have had over the years. Then I could learn some new ones.

On 12/22/2019 at 8:24 AM, Fiona said:

Absolutely. And I will try to adjust but I'll tell you why it's important to me.
When my son had cancer, it shock us to the core. I stopped sleeping.
When I realized it was either sleeping tablets or I had to do something, I started listening to the bible reading, kingdom songs etc. But that would only keep me awake also. So I tried the dramas. The 4 largest ones. I knew them off by heart, I knew the characters so well, and the drama that I would eventually drop off to sleep because my brain didnt need to concentrate but it also had noise so i wouldn't have to think. It was perfect. So every night in hospital or even out, the dramas would go on. Within min I was out. Since then I still cannot go to bed with a still brain because it starts to go places I don't want to remember. So... each night the dramas come out.
Last night within seconds I sat bolt upright and checked my 2 main favourite ones. Both changed.
It annoys me because they say jehovah funny.... and jehovahs voice isnt his (if you know what I mean) so now all it is is distracting.
Well..... turns out, it's my sleeping tablet because I did not sleep at all last night.
But will download the old ones and I WILL sleep to tonight.

I wish the brothers would put up some of the others we have had over the years. Then I could learn some new ones.

Sorry to hear about your son.

I Can’t hear a difference in any of the dramas. Have you got a new audio device?

• 1 month later...
Sorry to hear about your son.

I Can’t hear a difference in any of the dramas. Have you got a new audio device?
No.. I dont understand why some have the change and some dont.
My husbands is different and I've asked everyone here and listened to many... all different.
I dont know if maybe some just have not noticed a change or if it's only in Australia?

Let me look around. I think I have a CD with dramas on it. If I do still have it, it is yours. 
I am so sorry about your son. 
I know what you mean. 
Today, if I have trouble sleeping, I listen to Morning Worship. I play all of them. 
I’ve went through the dramas, theocratic music, etc. Somehow, the Morning Worship program is soothing to listen to. And, benefits me. 
It has side benefits. I met brother Jackson in a dream! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!