JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pictures for meetings

35 minutes ago, Hugh O'D said:

Sorry, I'm a technical idiot on the AV Desk. An Elder has just asked "what sizes photo minimum requirements for showing on screen". We're using the standard screens the society is installing in Kingdom Halls. Could someone please tell me the answer?

I don't really understand the question.
You can check the size of the pictures yourself.
The Watchtower and Workbook use the 1200x600 and 600x600 sizes.

7 minutes ago, The German said:

I don't really understand the question.
You can check the size of the pictures yourself.

It's for pictures that he'll pick for use in his item, which we'll play on Soundbox. I was pressing on pictures on JWLibrary and it wouldn't give me details about the pictures sizes.

10 minutes ago, The German said:

The Watchtower and Workbook use the 1200x600 and 600x600 sizes

Thank You. Have sent that on to him. Danke

1 hour ago, Hugh O'D said:

Sorry, I'm a technical idiot on the AV Desk. An Elder has just asked "what sizes photo minimum requirements for showing on screen". We're using the standard screens the society is installing in Kingdom Halls. Could someone please tell me the answer?

Hi Hugh

Hope this helps..

I often produce graphics for our new screens (LED) and used to do for the older projection screens.  The out put is usually through HDMI leads to the screens.. 

If you have TV type screens they should run  1080p. So if you want the best looking images tell your brother he needs images that are 1920 pixels by 1080

if you have lower resolution screens (our were, by projection)  tell him to give you need 1280 pixel by 720. 

ps.. screens are landscape format so portrait images don't show full screen. you end up with black sides.. can't be helped there

Edited by Alan

Forgot something

We use Soundbox and JWLibray together.

If you use Windows all downloaded pictures are here:

C:\Users\YOUR PC\AppData\Local\Packages\WatchtowerBibleandTractSo.45909CDBADF3C_5rz59y55nfz3e\LocalState\Publications

Change" Your PC" to your Folder.

If you need more pictures you can convert the whole workbook in jpg (using pdf24).

You can make 1/2 Pages of the workbook with the micosoft picture Program in Windows 10 like this:

M1-010 ARBEITSHEFT Gott stellt Abraham auf die Probe.jpg

All pictures can be rezised online to nearly 1200x600 or 600x600 with:

https://www.bildverkleinern.com/

Edited by The German

1 minute ago, Alan said:

Hi Hugh

Hope this helps..

I often produce graphics for our new screens (LED) and sued to do for the older projection screens.  The out put is usually through HDMI leads to the screens.. 

If you have TV type screens they should run  1080p. ... 1920 pixels by 1080

if you have lower resolution screens ... need 1280 pixel by 720. 

Thanks @Alan That's Brilliant. He's going for 1280x720 for the Local Needs item. I'm saving your and Manfred's information to a congregation A/V WhatsApp group because we'll need it in another few months. Thanks again, sincerly.

19 minutes ago, The German said:

We use Soundbox and JWLibray together.

If you use Windows all downloaded pictures are here:

C:\Users\YOUR PC\AppData\Local\Packages\WatchtowerBibleandTractSo.45909CDBADF3C_5rz59y55nfz3e\LocalState\Publications

Change" Your PC" to your Folder

JWLibrary is great, but until it will show third party pictures we also need Soundbox. That path doesn't seem to exist on my Dell Windows 10 computer. It denies knowing a folder knowing AppData. I said I was a technical idiot. Danke again for your help Manfred.

Hi Hugh

It is a pain.. When I want something from the library app I open it on my windows 10 pc .. Click on the photos or illustration and it usually goes full screen. I then use the snipping tool  to highlight the whole frame and capture it. A YouTube tutorial is here on its use

Try it out.. Most screens are similar format to HD resolution.

26 minutes ago, Alan said:

When I want something from the library app I open it on my windows 10 pc

Cool! Windows 10 is replacing the Snipping Tool but I followed the Youtube video and applied it to the new package and it worked fine.

That's great. Thanks Alan. I'll practice on the computer at the Kingdom Hall when I get over this blasted bug :sick:

10 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

JWLibrary is great, but until it will show third party pictures we also need Soundbox. That path doesn't seem to exist on my Dell Windows 10 computer. It denies knowing a folder knowing AppData. I said I was a technical idiot. Danke again for your help Manfred.

Ask Google: " How to find AppData".

One answer is:

How do I find a hidden folder?

Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization. Select Folder Options, then select the View tab. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.

Change" Your PC" to your Folder

All pictures of downloaded Publications  are there

No need to snipe.

Since OnlyM, from the creator of SoundBox, will display images from any folder you choose - and, it works just fine with JWL - you can use JWL for all the pics the FDS supplies and OnlyM for those extra ones you need/want. Both apps can be running at the same time and will share the screens.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

4 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Since OnlyM, from the creator of SoundBox, will display images from any folder you choose - and, it works just fine with JWL -

Does onlym still work for you? Both us and a daughter congregation gave up on it because it was fine at first but then stopped working. That's why we still use SoundBox.

I just used OnlyM at the MWM and it worked fine - of course, it is set for JWL Compatibility Mode (there is an option for that in the settings)

We have 3 screens on our computer system. We have :

1. the monitor for the console
  2. The TV's in the auditorium
  3. a monitor for the timer (we use OnlyT for a timer)

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We also use OnlyM for the external pictures.  It sits in a window next to the MWB which is open to the meeting media.  If someone brings a jpeg file on a flash drive, just plugging it into the computer brings up the files onscreen.  We just "grab" one from the file list and "drop" it into OnlyM.  A "play" arrow automatically appears (ready to play at the click of a button).  As I recall, the picture is sized to fit the available screen and no human intervention is required,

13 hours ago, The German said:

Ask Google: " How to find AppData".

One answer is:

How do I find a hidden folder?

Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization. Select Folder Options, then select the View tab. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.

That's all brilliant Manfred. Danke nochmal für deine Hilfe. I'm sick in bed this week so took a while to try it out but I've got that to work and see all the files now. Thanks to you and @Alan's help I'm bookmarking this page for future use.

BTW, with all this new information this evening I watched the meeting on Skype gritting my teeth in frustration because the poor brother on the A/V counter couldn't get two parts of the meeting to work despite my going to the hall and setting them up before the meeting began :cry: Refresher training required.

5 hours ago, Hugh O'D said:

Does onlym still work for you?

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

I just used OnlyM at the MWM and it worked fine - of course, it is set for JWL Compatibility Mode

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

We also use OnlyM for the external pictures.  It sits in a window next to the MWB which is open to the meeting media.  If someone brings a jpeg file on a flash drive, just plugging it into the computer brings up the files onscreen. 

That's an emphatic Yes then. We may not have had it in JWL compatability mode, I get the impression our daughter congregation are as tech illit as I am. I'll need to look at it again as what John describes is easier than the dance we have to do with SoundBox. Thanks Um, Florida John and Ohio John. Agape.