JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Introducing Minstry Tracker for Android

Hello brothers and sisters,

I'm delighted to finally be able to release a project of mine that I've been working on for about a year now. It's called Ministry Tracker and I'm sure you can guess what it does! The main thing I had in mind when making this app was to keep things simple and approachable. I won't waste your time with a long paragraph describing it, as it'll be quicker just to install it for yourselves and see what you think :) It's completely FREE with no ads, and will stay that way!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.scannadinari.m.ministry_tracker

Please, if you have the time, take a few seconds to leave a review on Google Play. It'll really help!

For those using iPhones, an iOS release is coming SOON…

Thanks,

Marco

PS. Anyone that is interested in contributing to the app can message me

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 8.05.46 pm.png

Edited by bronzeguitar

duplicate words, typo

1 hour ago, Bro Richard said:

I use Ministry Assistant and it tracks my time, LDC time, my calls and more...

Yeah I know a few people in my congregation that use that app. There is certainly no comparison in terms of features, but hopefully mine can appeal to those that like the specific balance of usability and features that Ministry Tracker has. I'm always open to adding new things from user suggestions!

This looks really good. I too used Ministry Assistant when I had my android phone, and I miss it greatly! There are no apps on iOS that compare to it, so I am excited to use yours when it becomes available. 👍

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

6 minutes ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Nooooòoooooooo

We've lost another one to the Dark Side... emoji25.png

(Ok. I'm bracing now for the rebuttals)

Just Older emoji3073.png

I am not an Apple fan.  But...at our recent KM school the instruction focused on FSG overseers being in close contact with the local brothers in our groups.  Good communications were stressed and the instructions said that "text" messaging is a more reliable form than phone calls.  If the receiver does not get a call, the communications is lost unless they see a "missed call? notice and decide to investigate.  On the other hand, a missed text will que itself up and retry several times to make the connection without the senders intervention.

In our area, many of the Android users can't get reliable reception of Iphone MMS messages (texts) or they will be delayed...sometimes for hours.  Since a lot of brothers use the Iphone, it became necessary for me to join the crew and be able to send and receive immediately.  One of our sisters can receive on her Android but cannot reply to the message.  She has to send a separate message to confirm receipt.  We are a work in progress.  The price is high but it works everywhere....sigh....😎

I'm glad I'm not put in the position you described. I might choose to actually relocate! (Phew)
Admittedly, the apple product works extremely well, as it is a controlled item from top to bottom. But my experience is that the can also control the price.... hence I am financially forced into the open (Android) market...
Maybe one day you will return to the fold...

Just Older

1 hour ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

I'm glad I'm not put in the position you described. I might choose to actually relocate! (Phew)
Admittedly, the apple product works extremely well, as it is a controlled item from top to bottom. But my experience is that the can also control the price.... hence I am financially forced into the open (Android) market...
Maybe one day you will return to the fold...

Just Older emoji3073.png

I am a radio Morse Code operator but nobody has returned to my fold.  I keep the radio gear in operational condition just in case it is needed in the New World when the cell towers go down...😎

I am a radio Morse Code operator but nobody has returned to my fold.  I keep the radio gear in operational condition just in case it is needed in the New World when the cell towers go down...
Do you know anyone else that can operate one? I always thought you need a minimum of two to make it worthwhile. (I watched Independence Day)

Just Older

2 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

If you connect up a PC, why not just use ascii? emoji335.png

More people can type and have a PC then know - Morse with one letter at a time.

Just Older emoji3073.png

It is the ability to decode by ear (manually).  Ascii or RTTY or newer digital modes are made with a variety of tones and spacing when transmitted.  The regular Morse is just spacing.  So the difference between a 'dot" (dit) or a "dash" (dah) is the length of a keyed signal.  The word "God" would be  Dah-Dah-Dit ('G') pause Dah-Dah-Dah ('O') pause Dah-Dit-Dit ('D').  Also the number of elements in an Ascii letter is longer than each letter in Morse.

This can be sent by flashlight, smoke signal, tapping on a door or other manual non-electric method as well.  The ability to distinguish the sound even in a difficult environment (like a storm or noisy room) makes the code a valuable form of communication at a distance.

Edited by jwhess

5 hours ago, felito said:

I use an app call " Service Planner" on ios.

This is the same one I use. It was the only one that was comparable to Ministry Assistant (Android only). Getting used to it now, but still not a huge fan.

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

On 1/23/2020 at 5:42 PM, bronzeguitar said:

I'm delighted to finally be able to release a project of mine that I've been working on for about a year now. It's called Ministry Tracker and I'm sure you can guess what it does! 

With all due respect Marco, do you think it would be better to invest your time (a year) actually in the ministry?

There are already many ministry tracking apps available.

Just saying.............

Just because he worked on it for about a year does not mean he used time taken away from service to do it.

I know that late at night, while home, I have some time for "my use" that is not taken away from personal study, meetings, service or any other theocratic use that I fill with other things I enjoy. If Carlos wants to spend his personal/hobby time to write an app - why would that be any different than someone else using their personal/hobby time to watch TV, read books, cook, play cards/games, etc.

I'm not sure about you but, where live, you cannot do much work in the ministry at 10 o'clock at night.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Ooops ... just noticed a typo and it is too late to edit

"If Carlos wants to spend his personal/hobby time" should have said, "If Marco wants to spend his personal/hobby time"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

19 hours ago, Zebra555 said:

With all due respect Marco, do you think it would be better to invest your time (a year) actually in the ministry?

There are already many ministry tracking apps available.

Just saying.............

My dear brother, we're allowed to have hobbies. Some of us crochet and it takes a year to complete a blanket. Should we not pursue those interests and devote every waking second to preaching? Does that sound reasonable?